“Fresh and tasty”
Review of Souvlaki Cafe

Souvlaki Cafe
Ranked #384 of 2,419 Restaurants in Baltimore
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Friendly service, extremely tasty, super fresh ingredients. We tried the lamb souvlaki, a spanakopita and a chicken souvlaki. Everything was just right. Try the Greek sodas.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

I love this place! The food is delicious and fresh. It is tiny, so sometimes seating is limited, but I usually just order to go.

The chicken skewers are always cooked perfectly, and come with lots of warm pita. Squeeze some lemon on them, and they are perfect. I usually get the horiatiki salad - classic tomato, green pepper, onions and feta.

The Greek fries are so delicious. They are sprinkled with oregano and feta. Sometimes I will get them home and put them in the oven to melt the feta a but more...Soooo Good!

They are very friendly and accommodating. I have asked for extra lemons and feta and they don't seem to mind. And the food is always ready when I get there. No waiting.

Check their hours before you go because they aren't open as late as some places in the Hampden neighborhood. But the food is worth it if you are in the area when it is open!

Fresh and tasty!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 18 August 2016

Delicious and filling. Great for lunch. Get a wrap or platter and be sure to try the greek fries with cheese.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 28 July 2016

I recommend the wraps over the platters. The food was tasty but a bit too expensive in my opinion for a restaurant that does not offer table service; you order and pay at the counter first. And the food is served on trays topped with food service paper (think parchment) which eventually wears through to the tray if you are eating something like rice.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank GlobalStaci
Reviewed 21 July 2016

I spent a fair amount of time in Greece and love the food; it always tastes crisp and fresh. I want to love a BYOB spot close to my house. Souvlaki is on the Avenue in Hampden.

The store front is quite modern and there are about 15 seats inside. We decided do eat in and grabbed a two top near the door. They have minimal table service; but you order at the counter. They will bring you water and the drinks you order.

I wanted to know the difference between the wrap and the platter to check out if it's worth the price difference. We ordered the chicken wrap and a lamb skewer platter with a side of rice pilaf. Both come with sauces - we went with the tzatziki and spiced feta on the side.

I liked everything. The wrap doesn't come with fries as a side, it comes with about 5 fries on the wrap itself. The platter comes with just two skewers, but the sides are a decent size. Size wise, I am not sure the platter is really worth the upcharge.

My main disappointment was the price tag, there is an up-charge for just about everything, so at the end of the day, this dinner - without drinks was just over $35. A little steep, if you ask me...

Date of visit: May 2016