“Nasty Place and Sketchy Management”
Review of Midtown Inn

Midtown Inn
Ranked #52 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Richmond, Virginia
“Nasty Place and Sketchy Management”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

The hotel is full of broken windows, zero water pressure, NASTY and I do mean NASTY housekeeping and to top it off. We were told by Ahish the manager to park in a spot, but to be gone by 9:00 am, or we would be towed. Went out at 7:45 am only to find the truck had already been towed. When we confronted Ahish about the issues. He played stupid like he had no idea what was said and then deigned he had ever spoken to me. I’m thinking he gets a kick back from the tow company which charged me $284.00.
Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else because this place is like Crack Alley and the management is Sketchy.

Room Tip: Trust me....Stay somewhere else!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank LoveTwoTravelAround
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Venice, Florida
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Where do I even begin with the Rodeway Inn? My stay here was the worst hotel experience I’ve ever had. We called every other hotel first but everywhere in Baltimore was sold out for the night we needed. We were there to meet up w/ family & see the ball game. So we figured for one night it can’t be that bad. Boy, were we wrong! I called a couple months prior and received confirmation numbers. I had requested 2 rooms, one for my fiancé & I and a first floor room for my father, who just had knee replacement surgery. I was told the hotel doesn’t have elevators only steps, so it was important he be on the first floor.

Arrival: Upon arrival we were told there were no first floor rooms left, the hotel was sold out. I told the front desk clerk I had reservation numbers and requested this room when I called, but she said this wasn’t in the system. This was the first red flag. She gave us a key to one room on the 4th floor for my fiancé & I. We walked up the 4 long flights to our room and we could not get in. The door was stuck shut. I told the clerk and she acted liked we did something wrong. She sent the maintenance guy up and he also couldn’t get in. 2nd red flag. After several tries with different tools he finally got in. It then took them about another half hour to find a room for my father. The best they could do is put him in the basement, which is 12 steps down and smelled horrible. Well we had no choice. He could manage the 12 steps but no way 4 flights of them!

The rooms: We brought our bags to the rooms and were shocked. The entire floor of our room was on a 25-degree slope. It was dirty and smelled of mold and smoke. It was only big enough for the one tiny bed and the TV that had 1 channel. There was no toilet paper in our bathroom, so I went to the front desk and she gave me 2 rolls right there so I had to walk all the way back up 4 flights again. When we went to take showers we were shocked again. Let alone the shower head coming out of the wall, there was no water pressure at all! It was seriously a trickle, there was more water pressure from the sink. In addition, the towels were disgusting. I couldn’t even use one and had to air dry.

I could go on and on about how bad it was but bottom line is stay away, this hotel is a dump! We couldn’t get out of there fast enough. I still can’t believe it’s an operating hotel and people actually pay to stay here.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Keke424

Travellers are raving about these Baltimore hotels

New York
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Good value. Great location, right near the jail. Subway sandwiches are right around the corner for some late night dining. The place is pretty beat up and could be a bit cleaner. Average breakfast, but at least cold coffee was available all day. Very friendly and helpful staff. Not a bad place.

Room Tip: No elevator!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 28 April 2012

This was the worst experience I ever encountered with a hotel. I had a reservation for 6 nights in April booked on their website. On the day of my arrival I gave a courtesy call at 6PM to let them know I would be arriving around 10 PM. Guess what ...the cleck said he can't find my reservation. He would call me back in 5 minutes. After a half hour of not receiving a call...I called back and now he said there was a "glitch" in the system. I explained I had the comfirmation email from the hotel in hand with the confirmation #...but again he said he would call back. Anyhow to make a long story short...almost 2 hours later he called to say if I had the confirmation I could come to the hotel. Now during this period of time, I tried calling other hotels just in case and even looked into transportation to return home. What a way to start a vacation! I had no car and would be stuck in Baltimore for 6 nights without a hotel room!
My reservation called for 4 nights at $59.99 and 2 nights at $64.99. When checking in the cleck gives me an invoice to sign stating the average room rate per room would be $69.99. I questioned how that would be possible unless that included the tax. His response "Exactly it includes the tax. I was skeptical of this but with all the aggravation so far just wanted to get some sleep and figured I'd deal with this upon checking out.
Anyhow to make a long story short upon checkout was of course overcharged and complained to the front desk and was told someone would call me back. Of course noone has called back. I sent emails to the GM of the hotel and even Choice Hotels has tried to help but to no avail.
Also went thru 6 days of no hot water in the morning. Had to shower when I returned in the evening. TV had like 4 unwatchable channels... Room temps ranged from very hot to very cold ..just a nightmare in every possible way!
Would make a terrific twilight zone episode...Avoid this place at all costs!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank docpsb
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 April 2012

The hotel is located in the Mount Vernon district, which is the happening area of the city with a number of great bars, clubs, and restaurants in close walking distance. The hotel is located in a building that is probably from the 1880's, so expect the room layout to be a bit unusual, and the floors and stairways to be a bit creaky. The ceilings must have been at least 12 feet high. We appreciated the thick carpeting, ipod dock, and comfortable bed. The neighborhood seems recently gentrified, and is great for pub crawling, cafes, and hole in the wall restaurants serving excellent food. The real clincher is the price, only $80.00 for a clean and comfortable room in the center of all the action. This hotel is an excellent choice for European travelers or American urbanites who love exploring new neighborhoods. Ma and Pa Kettle on a road trip from Texas with the brood in tow might not particularly like this hotel

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple