“Good food and service ”

Cuisines: Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

We went to Golden West for lunch and had the green chili burger and the chicken tacos. Both were very good. If you like grapefruit, "The Saint" is very good cocktail.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

We were in the area buying a new camera lens at the ONLY camera shop left in Maryland (so sad). While we were waiting our sales person recommended the Golden West Cafe for lunch, we were not disappointed! The food was excellent and the menu was interesting. We had two vegetarians with us and they were shocked at the options available for them. We all had very different things and none of us were disappointed. The drink menu was also interesting and delish! I highly recommend that if you are in the area you stop in for lunch or just a drink. This place is the bomb!!!

Reviewed 8 October 2017

We went to Golden West this past Wednesday night and had the worst experience I’ve had in a restaurant in years. Had a drink at the bar waiting to be seated, when we were seated it took over 30 minutes for someone to come to our table. This was after I asked the person seating guests for help. He went in the back, came back and said he would be taking our order. We waited for over an hour for our food to be brought to the table. In all of this time, not one person came to our table to explain the delay. No one. There were servers walking around, but not once did they check on us. By the time we received our food, our experience was ruined. I will never recommend, nor go to this restaurant ever. What a horrible experience and thoughtless crew. No excuse.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

We had dinner here on a Saturday night with another couple and waited about 30 minutes. You can leave and go shopping in Hamden though since they call you-which is great!

I've been here before and wasn't disappointed! The place is lively and has interesting décor. Our waitress wasn't particularly friendly, but she wasn't rude either.

We all enjoyed our food and wait time was appropriate. We had sweet potato French fries (they were out of tater tots!) which were good. I had the mushroom omelette and my husband had a burger. Both were good, in fact he declared his one of the best he's had! Our friends enjoyed their meals as well.

We would definitely come back here again!

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Visiting family in Maryland who took us to lunch here. I was amazed at the number of vegetarian and vegan options. FUN! We started off with the soy chrizo nachos. Light on everything but chips, sadly. No beans?? Still, we enjoyed. I got the buffalo un-chicken sandwich. While the nachos were mostly chips, this sandwich was chock full of un-chicken. I think it could have used more buffalo sauce, but I enjoyed regardless. It came with garlic fries. My surprise when I saw minced garlic on top of my FF!

Attentive service. Would go again