“Second try a charm in Charm City”

Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #8 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Thanks to TA reviewers, I checked on this hotel in Jan 2012 and three days before arrival in March 2012, to see if the pool was in order given the TA disrepair comments. Of course after a 3-day prior to arrival call, it was out of service for the entire week of my stay. They were kind enough to offer me a night back on them.

We arrive on the weekend of the Grand Prix Baltimore. Although the pool closes at 9 pm and doesn't open until 10 am on weekends, I appreciate the fact that this pristine pool setting is guard by an extremely courteous lifeguard. The rooms and beds are immaculate. If you can, ask for a 7th floor room in this restored 1900's bank. The 7th floor rooms numbered in the 7teens thru 720's has gorgeous vaulted ceilings with redoux marble.

Full self service breakfast, awesome staff, convenient valet service, really nice business center and proximety to Inner Harbor (2 1/2 blocks), restaurants and on this weekend, the Grand Prix is within walking distance to Little Italy and the main attraction too!

Beds! Beds are the comfy pillow top softness of the Courtyard, Holiday Inn Express (updated of course) quality but comfortable firm type FYI. Adequate Fitness Room. Still thumbs up.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 31 August 2012

Pleasantly surprise by the experience and good service. Cordial employees and pleasant service. Extremely clean rooms and atmosphere, w were surprise about the breakfast that was included in the rate.
Great location just blocks away from inner harbor. Asked for late checkout, as was no problem. Overall best service we had in the entire trip in Baltimore.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

I am a Hilton Gold Card Member and my husband and I have stayed at this hotel numerous times. We have always had some sort of problem with the front desk but being that this is the closest to the Inner Harbor that will take Hilton Points we stay here. When I approached the front desk I was greeted with a big hello and smile which was usually not how I have been greeted in the past. I used my Hilton Honor Points to get one of the suites (which was extra) and Dondrea handed me my room keys. When I got up to the room I realized I had been in this room before which is a very nice but not the room I was hoping for. I grudgingly went back down to the front desk as I have done in the past anticipating the worst as it has always been for me. This time instead of giving me inadequate answers just to get on to the next person Dondrea took the time and explained how the Hilton Points System worked. I am in the customer relations business myself and was very impressed with this girl that she knew all the answers to my questions and REALLY took the time to explain everything to me. Unfortunately Dondrea could not change the room for us but given the information she provided I was very content and had a much better understanding of how the Hilton Points worked, but still really wished I could have had the room we’ve had in the past.
We were in our room about five minutes when the phone rang with Dondrea on the other end explaining how she went to her General Manager Ryan and asked if we could have the room we loved since the people checked out. I was so excited I got down to the front deck before she could get up to give me the new keys. I was very fortunate that as I picked up my new keys Ryan was there for me to meet and thank him for the room and also for letting him know how lucky he was to have an employee as knowledgeable as Dondrea. Not many people today would go above and beyond as she did for us. As a General Manager myself I would be very proud to have Dondrea on my team!!!
My husband and I look forward to coming back in the future and spending more wonderful weekend at the Hampton Inn thanks to Dondrea. Thank You again for a most pleasurable stay.
Bonnie and Charlie
Ps. Hats off to your valet service and the morning breakfast crew who also were very delightful and eager to please….

Reviewed 26 August 2012

I only picked the Hampton inn because of their romance package. They never brought it to the room for us so I called and they basically laughed at me. And 15 mins later they showed up with a bottle of arbor mist, a crunch bar, and microwave popcorn. That's a far cry from "-Bottle of champagne-2 champagne glasses-Specialty chocolates-$10 Starbucks card-Full Hot breakfast-3 pm late check out"

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Hashbaugh84
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Decent hotel. We always look to Hampton Inn...knowing that the room will be comfortable, staff competent, in a convenient, good location. This one MOSTLY lived up to our personal hype. We came down at 9:15 for the breakfast that is served until 10:00AM and there was no food left! We understood that the hotel was overbooked-management should have planned for that. When we informed the manager at check out that we had to go out for Breakfast, all he said was that they will be renovating the lobby & there will be more seats-how about more food? The least he could have done was offer to pick up the $10.00 for the breakfast that we should not have had to pay for.

1  Thank Terri G