“Great location with wonderful waterfront views but oh so cold with the a/c”

Baltimore Marriott Waterfront
Ranked #20 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Despite a horrendous experience checking in when I was virtually accused of lying to gain earlier access than I was entitled to the remainder of the stay was enjoyable and fun. I arrived at a busy time (1pm on a ball game day) and accepted that I needed to wait - they were taking mobile numbers from guests so they could be called when rooms became available but mine being foreign was not accepted. I agreed to ring back in an hour to check on the situation which I did and was told to come back to the front desk 30 minutes later at 2:30pm. When I did an abrasive (overworked) lady told me that according to her screen I only checked in at 2pm and that I was not entitled to a room yet which made me feel quite irritated and negative about this hotel as despite telling her several times this was wrong she didn't believe me. My room was nice and spacious when I got access but please note that because Baltimore is warm at this time the a/c is fiercely cold in all areas and I was seriously chilly most of the time. Free wifi as part of our convention was a nice touch and made working here easy. They were very helpful on departure giving me a late checkout with no issues but the airport shuttle was very late and unreliable (rainy day with Obama in town didn't help any). One minor gripe was when I ordered wings for a room snack they microwaved not only the chicken but also the blue cheese dressing and staggeringly the celery!! which made it extremely unpleasantly limp and warm. Not sure I would return here for leisure but as a convention destination it was fine.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

This was the second time I stayed at the Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor. The first time I was at a conference for work and I came back this time for a long weekend with my husband. The first time I stayed, I had a beautiful upper floor room overlooking the harbor. This time, I booked through Priceline and was given a 6th floor room overlooking the parking garage (was told I could have upgraded to a "room with a view for an extra $40 though) Maybe I'm getting old, but I remember the days of being upgraded for nothing....anyway, I digress...the hotel is in a great location right on the Inner Harbor. This was the first time I used Priceline and though I didn't get a room with a view, you can't beat the cost, I saved about 45% on the room. Also,had to do a whole lot of research to "guess" about the hotel I would get. I'm a Mariott Rewards member, but don't get the points, since I booked through Priceline. There's plenty to see close to the hotel by walking around the harbor and it's within walking distance to Fell's Point as well. The hotel is a typical Marriott. On the 5th floor, through the pool area is a rooftop sitting area where you can look over the harbor, which is pretty cool. We didn't use the pool, but it looked small.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor overlooking the harbor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank WeirdNJ
Reviewed 11 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott Waterfront this past weekend. We booked through priceline and got a great deal on the room. When we went to check in, I asked Bruce at the front desk if they had any high-floor rooms facing the harbor. He said that there is one coming available soon, but it needs to be cleaned and there is a $40 upgrade charge. He then proceeded to find us another room that was on the 23rd floor that was already cleaned and there would be no upgrade charge. We decided to take that room and to our suprise it had an amazing harbor view! The entire time we were checking in Bruce was very friendly and after learning it was our anniversary, he had us pick out two items (wine, beer, and snacks) we wanted to be brought to our room. We also received a follow up call from Bruce to make sure our room was to our liking. After such a great experience we will definitely be staying here again in the near future.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bbvbgurl
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Arrived at 4:00 pm to check in and was told our room was not ready, and we would have to wait. They could not assign us a similar room, and they would phone us when our room was ready. After 1/2 hour waiting they did call to say room was finally ready. Room was on 9th floor, and we had a Harbor View. Nice view, but the room was average at best. The shower in the bahtroom had moldy tile grout and the hand shower did not function. The hotel did not offer free wireless which is standard at lower cost hotels. Only one coffee serving per room. Very minimal amenities in the room. For the asking price, this room was not worth the money.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jenmormad
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I just finished staying here for the second time following a work conference. The service seemed improved from last year, especially at the front desk. One of the bell captains even set our party up with a limo instead of a cab (for the same price) when we headed out for dinner.

The location is great. You are in tourist-trap land if the Cheesecake Factory and Hard Rock are your things, but you can easily walk a bit more off the beaten path.

The rooms are well appointed and clean. We had breakfast and lunch for our convention from the hotel catering, and it was very good, (especially by hotel catering standards).

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business