All reviews johns hopkins lucy boston homeless people shuttle service choice hotels parking fee minute walk the breakfast area waffle maker within walking distance the general manager free shuttle front desk staff free breakfast yogurt clean hotel room was large
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

After reading the bad reviews I thought well, there are more good ones, won’t happen to me. WRONG. We were charged $150 for smoking when we did NOT SMOKE. I am not a smoker. My man is and I would NEVER let him smoke in a room I am in, nevermind one that has signs posted everywhere that you will be charged. You’d have to be a moron. I was the last one out and there was no smoking and no smell of smoking. There was NO SMOKING in our room PERIOD. I don’t know if they have a maid problem where they smoke and steal things (I saw other reviews where people are charged for stealing when they didn’t) but it’s not worth it. We could have stayed right on the harbor for what we were scammed for here. I love traveling and staying in hotels and do it often and have NEVER had an issue from any hotel before. And when you call about it, they say too bad so sad. So they will just charge your card for whatever they want. Scam!! Do not stay here or they will find a reason to steal your money!!!! This was my first and last time choosing a Sleep Inn anywhere in the nation, and my family and friends have been warned as well. Do not bother with this hotel, you will think inexpensive until they charge you extra for things you didn’t do. Pay the extra and go stay in a better part of town. We traveled with another couple and they were locked out of their room for a very long time. DO NOT STAY HERE. They will scam you!!!!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michelle T
Reviewed 6 October 2018

Sleep Inn is a great place to stay if you don't mind a hike to the convention center and all you really want is a comfortable bed and a clean hot shower. They have a complete breakfast. They have quality toilet paper. (plus)
They staff were helpful. The cost is nearly half the price of hotels adjacent to the convention center. They do have a $15.00 per night parking fee that I was not expecting.

Stayed: October 2018
Reviewed 2 October 2018

This was a really lovely, helpful hotel for the price, right in Downtown Baltimore. The complimentary breakfast was pretty good and even had options for those who couldn't eat danishes and bagels...and I was incredibly jealous of the 'make your own waffles' station!

I will say, however, that the walls were rather thin and we were treated to some very interesting sounds our first evening at the hotel. The second was much quieter.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel and its parking are way less expensive than any other Downtown Baltimore hotels. The rooms are clean and relatively quiet. The neighborhood around the hotel is a little sketchy. Baltimore has a very serious homeless problem, but no one bothered us while we were walking around. There aren't any restaurants right around the hotel, but it's about an 8 to 10 minute walk to the inner harbor depending on which route you take. Once there, you have a choice of several chain restaurants. It's not the most convenient location, but I would probably choose it again because it does offer the best price.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2018

My adult son and I recently stayed at this hotel for a 2 day weekend. We selected this facility for its proximity to the Inner Harbor and Oriole Park at Camden Yards. The hotel features a complimentary breakfast as well as onsite parking ($15/day).
The staff was very attentive and quite friendly. Check-in was smooth.
The room had an unusual configuration, but I suspect it was because it was a corner room...which also made it somewhat larger than the usual hotel room. The room was clean, but showed a bit of wear and tear (1 of the drawers in the dresser was broken, and there was a bit of wear on the carpeting).
The breakfast was more than adequate with the usual cereals, pastries, breads, eggs, etc., including a "make-it yourself" waffle maker.
Although the hotel is advertised as close enough to the Inner Harbor to walk, don't believe it. Its also located in a bit of an industrial area. Not much of a problem though as Uber drivers were plentiful as they usually appeared within a few minutes of being requested (some internet sites state the hotel features a shuttle, but that isn't true).
All in all this hotel is a good deal considering that it's location, price, parking, and complimentary breakfast certainly make it stand out amongst much higher priced facilities in the area. I wholeheartedly recommend it and will not hesitate to stay there in the future should I have the opportunity to stay in Baltimore again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family