“Good clean hotel”

Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Good clean hotel”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

This hotel is approx. 15 minute walk from the harbor area. Free public buses (green line) depart close to the hotel and drop off at the harbor. Breakfast food was okay but not great. The breakfast staff man, however, was super friendly and helpful. Clean rooms but the walls were super thin and our neighbors were loud! Do not stay in room 203 - located right next to ice machine which was very noisy! Not bad for the money - would stay again.....would ask for a different room and quiet neighbors! :)

Room Tip: Do not accept a room next to the ice machine! (room 203)
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor. We are lucky to have the convenience of a Charm Circulator Bus stop in front our hotel; the City also just placed a bench at the stop so you can even take a rest while waiting for the bus now! I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to Lou. I personally went and checked the vending/ice machines on the 2nd floor. I did find that the soda machine was making unusual noises, so I have the vending machine coming to fix the problem. Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention. Sorry for any discomfort this may have caused during your stay.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Lucy Boston
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Smyrna, Georgia
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Here for business last week, and must say, it's one of the best Choice Hotel properties I've ever stayed at. Only 6 (very walkable) blocks to the inner harbor area, and pretty easy access to the interstate. Its a very new property, hopefully they keep it like that! Staff member "Lou" provided excellent service and was extremely helpful, and gave me excellent instructions for a jog to inner harbor and driving directions to I-95.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Lou, I feel very lucky to have him as apart of out team! Please feel free to contact me the next time you travel to Baltimore for business. We strive to be as accommodating as possible to both our business and leisure travelers alike. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Sleep Inn & Suites downtown Inner Harbor.

Kind Regards,
lucy@sleepinnbaltimore.com
(410) 779-6166
Walnut Cove, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Having traveled to several different cities prior to a cruise I rely heavily on past customers reviews before choosing hotel and schuttle service. After using the Sleep Inn Inner Harbour in Baltimore I can truthfully say this was my best choice yet! From the check in, the accomodations, the breakfast,the check out, and last of all but one of the most important the service getting us to and from the cruise ship was fantastic. We even used one of the online chinese restaurants recommended in the room and had deliverd to our room within 20 minutes and was great !The clerk who arranged our departure time even got us an earlier time slot after we chose to go to the ship earlier than originally planned. The contracted private van driver was very friendly, courteous and prompt picking us up after the cruise. If you are interested in the Inner Harbour area or going on a cruise you definetly couldn't find a more convenient location.Even with small parking area I had no problem.Why pay the cruise port more for parking than you can get a room and parking for ? I will definetly use all their services again if I have the privilage to sail out of Baltimore again.

Room Tip: Had room on ground floor next to parking lot and had absolutely no issues.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James V
SleepInnBaltimore, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Our Park & Cruise Package is a big hit, and we love that we are the first part of your vacation. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to our shuttle service company, I know he will be very happy to hear about your comments.

It’s thanks to TripAdvisor reviewers like yourself that travelers learn about us. We appreciate your kind thoughts and hope you’ll return to stay with us soon.

Gernal Manager
Otego
Reviewed 22 April 2012

The hotel is in an old renovated building that was updated and very modern. We were initally put off by the $15.00 a night parking fee so we did not rent a car. There was parking across the street that was free but we walked and used the bus line for sight seeing and did not miss having a car. The bus stop- the Charm City Line- was just 1 building down and ran every 20 minutes and was FREE!, clean not overcrowded and convient. We also found out that the area restaurants used shuttle services to get you to and from their restaurants.

The hotel had a breakfast area with waffles and ingredients for egg sandwiches, cereal, fresh fruit, bagels, and pastries. They allowed us to keep leftovers from the restaurant in their coolers and we heated it up ourselves the next night. Otherwise no restaurant on site.

All of the staff was helpful and friendly, giving answers about the sights and how to get to them.

The only down side since we did not rent a car was getting from the airport to the hotel- no shuttle service but there were shuttles that went from the airport directly to the hotel for a fee.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank library1200
Isn't the Charm Circulator great? We feel very lucky to have a bus stop right in front of the hotel. I am glad you like the modern feeling of the hotel. The building itself is a retrofit of a 20th century warehouse, and I feel the owner did an amazing job of keeping the origional character and charm of the building. I hope to welcome you back soon to the Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor. If I can be of any assistance when making your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Bumpass
Reviewed 20 April 2012

It was very pleasant,clean. No signs of bed bugs. I could actually understand the staff. They seemed to be Americans that spoke english. It didn't stink of garlic and strange spices and the staff seemed to leave there families at home instead of having them run thru the lobby wildly. It was nice and friendly almost like home.Comfortable. Parking was a little cramped.

Room Tip: You can understand the staff as they speak english well