All reviews symphony hall historic hotel continental breakfast vernon area inner harbor penn station chain hotel walters art museum small hotel light rail yogurt great neighborhood cookie cutter stayed for one night king room desk clerk the hotel manager
Reviewed 28 December 2017

A fine experience, with very friendly front desk staff. Beautiful room with tall wide windows. Quiet, peaceful, in excellent location. I was not disappointed. It's a different experience than staying in a cookie cutter style hotel. Nice view of adjacent street. Small hotel, but my room was spacious. Lots of comforts.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
John H, Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Kathy,

Thank you for your marvelous review of Hotel Brexton! While you were not disappointed with us, we were most certainly not disappointed with this wonderful review!

Providing comfort and quality are a few of our goals and I'm so glad these goals were met during your stay. Our individualistic identity definitely sets us apart and I'm so thankful you were able to experience that and so much more.

We've been around since 1881, and we're not going anywhere, so we hope that should you come back to Baltimore, you stay with us again. Thank you. Thank you!

Respectfully Yours,

Asst. General Manager
Baltimore, MD

Reviewed 28 December 2017

Theaters and restaurants all within walking distance. The Brexton was lovely and in a very convenient location. Our room was very nice, comfortable and quiet. The staff at Brexton were very friendly and helpful in directing us about town. We would definitely consider the Brexton again, a great spot to stay in Baltimore.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Brendalc,

Thank you for your terrific review of Hotel Brexton! Convenience, comfort and class is what we attempt to provide on a daily basis, among many other traits and I'm so glad to hear you were able to experience that with us!

Our staff enjoy providing individualized service and your positive feedback regarding them is a welcome comment. Their knowledge of the area and characteristics help make us who we are. Your consideration of us during future visits is much appreciated.

Thank you again!

Respectfully Yours,

Asst. General Manager
Baltimore, MD

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed our weekend stay at Hotel Brexton. Our room was good size for an older hotel and very quiet for the city. The staff was friendly and helpful. We were able to park out front for free and that was helpful. We were only walking minutes to several of our favorite restaurants, Owl Bar, City Cafe and Baby’s On Fire coffee shop. We did enjoy the continental breakfast at the hotel. We would stay here again as we love the historic significance of Hotel Brexton.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Anthony N, General Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to positively contribute to the experience of your overall trip. We hope to see you again next time that you are in the area! Please feel free to email me at Anthony@hotelbrexton.com and I will personally make sure that your next trip with us is even more special.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

This was my second visit to Hotel Brexton. It is indeed different from the usual fare but I love it that way. I stayed 3 nights over the weekend and it was just as nice as my first visit. It is a Historic Hotel and so the exterior has that historic red brick look with its distinctive towers. The interior is smart and clean with hardwood floors and décor that is comfortable yet doesn't take away from the interesting room outlines. The complimentary breakfast can be as quick or as long as one wishes, from cereal and bagels to oatmeal, fruit, and juice. Make a flavored coffee or have a nice hot cup of tea. Ask the staff for recommendations on eating, shopping, or transportation. I took the light rail from BWI to the Cultural Center stop and walked 5-7 minutes to the hotel. Symphony Hall, Walters Art Museum, Peabody Library are nearby as well as several universities: University of Baltimore, MICA Maryland Institute College of Art, John Hopkins University, University of Maryland, and more. Hotel Brexton is in the Mt. Vernon district and there's a lot to discover. I'm so glad I stayed at Hotel Brexton, a member of the Historic Hotels of America. I look forward to my next stay here.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
John H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Linda S,

Thank you so very much for your amazingly awesome review!

We pride ourselves on being a comfortable and cozy home away from home for our regular and repeat guests and I am so thankful you find us to be everything you could ever need or want while visiting.

We've been around since 1881 and we're not going anywhere, so feel free to come back! We look forward to having you again.

Front Office Manager
Guest Experience Coordinator

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Hotel Brexton is a beautiful, quiet historical building with roomy, spotless rooms of varying shapes and sizes, located near many historical and modern attractions of Baltimore. We stayed there in January and we stayed there in September, and we would happily stay there again. The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful: Many thanks to Anthony, Leon, Terrell, and others whose names slip my mind!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
John H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Hi Erin4230,
Thank you for all of the kind words about Hotel Brexton! We are so glad to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay in our urban castle, and that our team here accommodated everything that you needed. We cannot wait to host you again!