We recently stayed at the Brexton for 2 nights with a LivingSocial we had purchased. The hotel was very nicely renovated, and they did a nice job of taking advantage of the unique features of the building and making the most of the space in the rooms. As far as our stay goes, here a few things I would note:
* the staff was very friendly and welcoming
* breakfast was offered each morning, but not much of a selection -- a few cereals, bagels/muffins, yogurt and some fruit (the breakfast room was very nice though!)
* there were only approx. 6 parking spots available, but parking wasn't an issue because we believe there were only a few people staying there
* room was clean and cool, our view was not :o\ (you would think with only a few rooms occupied that they would give us a room with a nicer view than the dirty 'apartment' living out back...we just kept our blinds closed so it didn't bother us)
* location -- not bad, we drove to the harbor (took approx. 10 min with traffic) but there is a free shuttle nearby that you can also take. I'm not sure it would be a very enjoyable walk, but it would be doable (maybe 15-20 min?)
* not a big deal to us, but the elevator was by far the slowest I have ever seen! We are young, and didn't mind, so we just took the stairs each time.
While we had a nice stay, I can say that I don't think we will be returning. My biggest pet peeve with this hotel is the inflated rates. I was amazed to find how much they ask per night at this place! It is nice, but nothing extraordinary? Anyone can stay a night or two right at the harbor for the price they list AND get a better place to stay for the money. I am by far not crazy picky when it comes to a place to stay, but I do believe in getting what is appropriate for your money. I would honestly not pay more than a hundred a night to stay in a place comparable to this. I think if the pricing were adjusted, they would really see a business boom and start filling the place regularly!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome you to the Hotel Brexton in Mount Vernon, a Designated National Landmark Historic District and a Baltimore Cultural District. Hotel Brexton is a 29-room Queen Anne style boutique hotel, originally constructed in 1881 and beautifully restored in 2010. It is certainly one of Baltimore's Most Unique Historic Hotels and appropriately situated a short walk from Baltimore's finest museums, art institutes, restaurants, night life, antique shops, colleges, symphony and theatre, galleries, and public transportation (train, light rail, and free City bus!). Escape the ordinary and immerse yourself in first-class service and accommodations in this boutique hotel located in the heart of Baltimore, just North of the Harbor and the perfect Hop from NY, Philly, DC or abroad. Rich colors and a trendy atmosphere set the tone for a luxurious experience. The charming and historic hotel offers business and leisure guests the ultimate in comfort and style. Come reacquaint yourself with dedicated service on an intimate scale, recapture the romance of travel and delight in the art of individuality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Hotel Brexton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.