“The appetizers made the meal”

Cypriana of Roland Park
Reserve with OpenTable
Cypriana of Roland Park is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #107 of 2,419 Restaurants in Baltimore
Reviewed 15 April 2018

We went for date night to Cypriana. The appetizers made the meal. We got three small plates, the keoftedes, Halloumi Saganaki (cheese), and the vegan grape leaves. The cheese left us with a bleh feeling. But the other two were OUTSTANDING. The spicing of both was just perfect. Problem was that the waitress took the plate that the keoftedes were served on before we finished them and we were left without the sauce.

My wife had the octopus. It just vanished from her plate. I ordered the beef tenderloin kabab. I asked for it to be cooked medium. That's not how I got it. It was burnt on the outside. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but not what I wanted. When I said something to the waitress, she said she'd tell them in the kitchen. No accomodation made on any account.

The desert was the Kataifi Lemon Custard. It was incredible.

I'd go back again. That's for sure. The owner was walking around speaking to the customers. He didn't stop to talk to us, but I like it when the owner gets immediate feedback from his clientele.

2  Thank stub905
Richard K, Manager at Cypriana of Roland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

While we're very pleased that you enjoyed the appetizers, entree & dessert, we're very sorry about the service that you experienced. We take our guests' satisfaction very seriously, and we have addressed your concerns with our management team. We do hope that next time you come in to see us, you're able to try some of our other menu items- we have a lot of delicious dishes we think you will love.

Reviewed 14 April 2018

i have never before reviewed a restaurant in Baltimore(where i live). But for some reason, this place has gotten under my skin after 2 visits. I love it. It has the best stuffed grape leaves I've ever tasted (served warm). And It has the best french fries ! They are very crispy, and have a distinct lemon flavor to them. The owner is quite warm and friendly and you feel well taken care of. It's a short walk from Johns Hopkins University (NOT the hospital).

2  Thank heyandre

Thank you for leaving us a fantastic review and for coming in to dine with us.Join us again, soon!

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

From the moment of arrival we could tell that the owners and staff were very committed to make sure that their customers were satisfied. Not to worry as all of the food was delicious, especially the melt in your mouth lamb shank (a special) and the super moist chocolate dessert served in a glass that had us swooning. One of the entrees was late in arriving due to a misstep in the kitchen so they brought out a delicious crab cake dinner on the house. We look forward to a return visit soon!

1  Thank keithp758

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community. We really appreciate when our guests take the time to leave a thoughtful review, and a gesture like yours certainly doesn't go unnoticed.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Visited on a Saturday at 7:30pm. Made reservation two hours in advance. Great location and plenty of free parking.

Interior is nice and modern. The restaurant was packed and it was a little loud. All in all a nice space and vibe.

Ordered the hummus and pita appetizer. The pita was beautiful and worth the whole trip itself! The hummus a little bland, and the portion a little small for $9.

Entrees we ordered pork butt/belly plate, and the chicken plate. Each plate came with fries and tabouli. The tabouli was great! Just not enough of it on the plate. Each plate literally had about 9 broken fries on it.

My pork butt/belly plate (around $15) had two wood over roasted chunks. Very flavorful. Another piece or two would have made the plate perfect. When I say two pieces were served they were literally an inch and a half by an inch and a half. The chicken (I believe $14) portion was slightly larger. Taste was great.

In sum the food is very good and comes out quick. The portions are very small but the prices reflect this. I am guessing most people order from the small plate side of the menu, to boost the entree they order.

As a side note there seemed to be tension with the staff which was weird. It seemed the hostesses and wait staff had some sort of kerfuffle. Seemed odd.

1  Thank Chrisfr0mMD
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Saw an Ad for this restaurant and decided to try it. Haven’t been able to find a great Mediterranean restaurant as the neighbor restaurant is subpar and over-priced. My daughter and I “walked in” to Cypriana on a Friday night without a reservation. The hostess was very accommodating and sat us at a table by the wood stack near the fireplace. The owner came over to our table and pointed out some specialties. We had the eggplant, fried cheese, vegan grape leaves and grilled octopus that was perfectly prepared. . After dinner, the owner took a genuine interest in our experience at his restaurant. We told him he was sure to see us again!,

1  Thank Monkeylyd