“Henderson's helped to make my hubby's birthday perfect!!”

Inn at Henderson's Wharf
Ranked #2 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I am still smiling!! This is truly a place that I know we will come back and visit again and again!! I agree, Raymond at the front desk was awesome; he loves his work, he enjoys people, and his pleasant attitude and helpfulness was wonderful!! In fact, everyone behind the desk were wonderful, and you don't find that at many places.

The atmosphere of the Inn has a welcoming quality to it, and makes you not want to leave. Our welcoming bottle of wine was a lovely touch (we chose the white wine, which was delicious, cold and ready for pouring!) At first, after reading the reviews of being on the first floor, I didn't think it would be a good view of the water/ships, but I was mistaken; it is all right there for you to enjoy!! There are joggers that run by the window (as mentioned in previous posts), but during our visit, we had rain off and on, so there weren't a lot of them.

After having dinner at a wonderful restaurant, we came back, and had a nice, quiet time sitting on a bench right by the water; no mosquitoes, no humidity, just a delightful breeze to enjoy ... After a while, we went indoors to the lobby and relaxed in the lobby's comfortable couches, then retired to our room for the night. A quiet location, away from the noise and activities of the area, and I really liked that.

Breakfast was delicious!! Yes, they have the orange juice in a ceramic pitcher to pour, there were bagels, toast, all kinds of fresh fruit, and the coffee was fresh and hot! There are trays available to take our food back to our room (almost like a breakfast in bed setting!)

We are already talking about our next visit at Henderson's; to the staff at Henderson's, I thank you for making my husband's birthday very special and memorable; you are the best!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 August 2011

I had a lovely time at this hotel. My room was absolutely beautiful and so very comfortable and cozy. One of the nicest hotels I've stayed in, my favorite. The staff was wonderful. Thank you for such a nice stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2011

From the time we arrived on a Monday evening with no reservation because we found ourselves enjoying Baltimore so much to the time we left after a great breakfast on Tuesday morning, we were treated like preferred guests. The first person to greet us was Raymond. He was professional, polite, and accommodating. We had a beautiful room with a fantastic view and when I was unable to figure out the remote control, who showed up? Yup, Raymond to the rescue! Our short stay could not have been better. Give it a try.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2011

On our 17th annual girls' weekend, we chose Baltimore as our city to travel to. We picked Henderson's Wharf out online. We realized that this hotel is WAY better than we expected after our arrival. We got there on a Thursday and discovered there is a happy hour every Thursday evening with an OPEN bar & unlimited hors d'oeuvres. Wow! Henderson's Wharf followed that up with a great breakfast every morning. Almost every kind of fruit imaginable plus multiple juices, cereal & pastry options. The hotel itself is lovely - built on pilings right on the water. Our room looked right onto the public boardwalk and 5 feet from our window were docked sailboats. GREAT views. The first floor of this building is the hotel & the rest is condos so every hotel room is ground level. We were more than fine with that, but other traveler's might not be so I thought I should mention it. We hope to make it back to Baltimore sometime & will definitely be staying here. Our only complaint was that was no swimming pool. Hotel guests had free use of a local health club, but we didn't really feel like doing that.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I travel frequently including around the world, this hotel ranks with the finest I have stayed in, boutique style, not a cookie cuter, every amenity that matters, clean, friendly, quite, conveniently located. This is a gem.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family