“Great Place for a Wintry Evening”

James Joyce Irish Pub & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
James Joyce Irish Pub & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 2,238 Restaurants in Baltimore
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Little Italy
Cross street: Fleet & President St
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We stayed at the Marriott Waterfront a short distance away during a snowstorm in February, and it was nice to find this pub. For a Saturday evening, we went early to avoid the crowd, but it did get crowded around 6. Food was very good, as was the service.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I've been here before for lunch so I came back again. Service was good, my sandwich was tasty (French Dip) and I've no real issues. It's a LITTLE pricey for pub food, but that's to be expected. It's not overpriced but expect to spend about 20-25 per person if you have a drink/beer and an entree

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Was at the James Joyce while in Baltimore visiting my nephews - they’re more like friends than family. Went straight from the train to meet them at James Joyce for brunch. I highly recommend the full Irish breakfast!

We went back the next day and had a few beers. Then I went back solo the night before I left. Their Irish coffee is the best I’ve had in the US. The cream is hand whipped by the bartender as needed.

The wait staff, bartenders & even the co-owner were very friendly while being efficient & professional. Several of them are from Ireland & it’s obvious by the way the James Joyce is operated. I most definitely recommend this outstanding pub!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Needed a place to hang out for a couple hours while waiting on others and this place was perfect. Located near the Inner Harbor in downtown Baltimore. A very nice Irish Pub with SUPERB service. You will know all their names before you leave. Brunch menu is tasty and of course you should always have a Guinness. Many TV screens to watch your favorite sport. WiFi and clean restrooms.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

I happen to be staying at the Courtyard Marriott right around the corner and it was a rainy night so I took a quick walk around the block after checking for a well rated place that was close to me on TripAdvisor. My business partner and I had dinner. It was the first time here for both of us. I started the night with an Irish Whiskey (hey what would you expect in an Irish Pub!). As you would expect they had a good selection of Whiskey's. For dinner my partner went with fish and chips which he said were very good. I went with the Guinness stew which I thought was awesome, great taste! The service was equally as good. We were there on a Wednesday night and it was about half-full not to noisy and very comfortable. If you go, try the stew!