“Delicious food!”

Blue Mountain Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Mountain Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 21 Restaurants in Fort Davis
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 45
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2018

We drove in from San Antonio (by way of Houston) took Hwy 90 so while a great scenic route not a whole lot of places to stop and eat. Needless to say, when we rolled into Fort Davis we were starving. Dropped our bags off at the hotel we were staying at and headed over to the Blue Mountain Bistro. While I should mention that we were absolutely starving and probably would have eaten anything put in front of us, the food that the BMB served was absolutely amazing. I had the steak and frites and my husband had the beef bourguignon both were amazing. Perfectly seasoned and cooked. I wish we hadn't been so starved as to truly enjoy rather than stuff our faces but would definitely go back again.

Reviewed 18 July 2018

My wife and I ate both Saturday and Sunday night and enjoyed it very much. Good fresh food and friendly attentive staff even though they were very busy Friday night. Also good wine list and wines by the glass. Would definitely eat here again .

Reviewed 13 July 2018

We ate here two nights in a row. Don't miss getting a cocktail from Erick at the copper topped bar before dinner. The food both nights was delicious. There is a lovely patio too but the weather forced us inside. Our experience was nearly spoiled on the second night by the hostess who couldn't have been less interested in our being there. A slightly rotund lady who apparently is unable to smile.

2  Thank Barry C
Reviewed 13 July 2018

This place is almost directly across from the drugstore. The menu is more sophisticated and pricey. The service was very good. I suppose it is worth it if your budget is broader and you desire that kind of experience.

Reviewed 6 July 2018

We didn't dine here unfortunately because we had two young kids with us but we did have drinks on the patio outside. They have a lovely bar inside where you order and can take outside or sit inside and enjoy your cocktail, wine or beer. There is no table service outside. The only thing I would suggest is to take note of the mosquitos that were incredibly bad the night we were there. The four of us sat at the table nearest the door to the restaurant and were almost carried away. I didn't have mosquito repellant because who would have thought in such a dry climate that there would be any around, so it might be helpful if the restaurant or the hotel would have some available. I couldn't figure out where they might be coming from except from the decorative fountain but the gentleman sitting there were not bothered by them. Anyway, just a heads up, otherwise an enjoyable time before dinner.