“One of our favorite B&B's!”
Review of Rose River Inn

Rose River Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Astoria B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We have stayed at this B&B a couple of times now. Pam and Dave are very attentive and friendly. They share tales of the history of the area. Breakfast was well balanced with a large serving of fresh fruit, fresh eggs, fresh veggies and sweet cake. When Pam overheard me tell new friends that I didn't like mushrooms, the next day she served up my breakfast minus mushrooms. Another night I was a little cold so I used a throw blanket on the bed. When we came back after a day out, my bed was made up and she had given me a big snuggly comforter to keep warm with. The yard is bursting with beautiful flowers and the weather was nice enough for me and my sister to visit outside. The bathtubs are roomy and inviting. Three of us staying at the inn that weekend endulged in relaxing soaks. The rooms and common areas are super clean. The brewery down the street has good beer and good food. No need to drive downtown. We'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank jowalnut
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Rose River Inn

Reviewed 9 October 2011

Dave was friendly enough but Pam was aloof from the start (she reminded me of my 9th grade Latin teacher). We asked about hiking trails and she simply referred us to the literature in the living room. When we changed our plans from 4 nites to 3 because of weather and family issues, she became cold and rude; we never felt welcome (a smile and thank you would be nice). As we checked out and gave her feedback, she finally mentioned that reservation changes required a 1 or 2 wks notice. If she'd simply told us that initially, we would have stayed the 4th nite. Breakfasts were quiche, quiche and quiche...in modest portions. The home was very clean and had interesting antiques. The bathtub looked inviting but it's not ok for folks with back, knee or shoulder problems...way too hard to get in/out.

7  Thank rco000
Reviewed 24 September 2011

We stayed one night at the Rose River Inn and found it absolutely perfect. We were in one of the rooms facing the Columbia River and the views were great. The Inn keepers were very helpful; referred us to a great restaurant and really cool antique store in town. Breakfast was very nice; we ate way too much because it was so good. And the house....what a really cool old house in great shape. We would stay here again without any hesitation.

2  Thank JDTravelers
Reviewed 23 September 2011

This is an absolutely delightful place to stay. The grounds are like an arboretum. Every bush has been lovingly cared for. I have never seen such a perfect display of flowers so well maintained!
Innkeepers Pam and Dave welcomed us warmly, made sure all of our needs were taken care of, recommended a fine place for dinner, and provided sightseeing tips. At 8:30AM in the morning, we had a delicious breakfast of fruit and quiche, with juices.
The interior of the house is immaculately maintained. The bed was comfortable and the night was quiet. We had a view of the Columbia River from the picture window in our room. (It is worth the extra money for the best room in the house.)
The location was perfect for walking to the downtown restaurants or to catch the trolley.
We could not have enjoyed ourselves more.

Room Tip: Arrive early enough to take a walk on the waterfront. You can hear the sea lions barking in the dis...
1  Thank Modestotrekkerl
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Coming down from Alaska my favorite country in the USA some years ago I stayed in this beautiful Rose River Inn - Astoria, Oregon - not far away from this huge Columbia River. I was so excited by this fancy house I made a stop every following year. The house has a comfortable, attractive interior and my room was neatly and tastefully furnished. The best of all are the owners David and Pam - friendly and amiable people with the big hospitality. Not to forget this absolutly great breakfast in the morning, prepared and served by the Master Chef Pam. I'll be back.
Peter from Diez, Germany