“Great happy hour!”

Tora Sushi Lounge
Ranked #23 of 104 Restaurants in Astoria
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 2 April 2017

We love the miso soup and their happy hour here, a lot of food for a great price! the service has always been good as well!

Reviewed 12 March 2017

Love this place. Sushi is always good and fresh. More fish selections during tourist season. Excellent cold sake selection but we're stuck on Momokawa ... love it. Happy hour can be busy but well worth the wait. Eating sushi should be enjoyed slowly.

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

I went to Tora Sushi Lounge at 4 pm on a Friday for a couple of Sushi Rolls and a Hot Saki. I opted for the Volcanoes Roll which is almost like Sushi Pizza. It is California Roll topped with sauteed Scallops, Green Onions, Squash, Mushrooms, Carrots and Special Mayo. All this broiled and topped with Sweet Sauce and Smelt Egg. The second Roll I enjoyed was the Double Shrimp Roll which is Spicy Crab, Avocados, Tempura Shrimp, topped with Shrimp, Sweet Sauce, Spicy Mayo, Smelt Eggs & Green Onion. I've eaten Sushi all over the world and this was right up there with some of the best! I highly recommend!

2  Thank VictoryVisionTim
Reviewed 18 January 2017

It was the first time he'd been there, and he would not try the mussels, but loved everything else. Tora has the BEST California Rolls around, and the mussels are awesome. I love the Pork Gyosa and this time they were cooked a bit longer than usual so were very crispy. We go here a lot, and really have never been disappointed. The new-ish bar waiter is super nice.

1  Thank dragonflymoon123
Reviewed 17 January 2017

If you like sushi, this is the best in the area. My husband orders nattio sushi when it is available, but I have never had a dish I didn't like!