“Great Food, Great Beer, Friendly Staff”
Review of Buoy Beer Company

Buoy Beer Company
Ranked #6 of 109 Restaurants in Astoria
Cuisines: Seafood, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

There's not a lot more than what the title says. Our waitress was great, one of the best ever, for was very good, had the elk shepherds pie, sweet potato cross cut fries, and a few of their beers, all were great. I'll be back.

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

Our visit here was met with great service but the food wasn’t as good as we expected it to be. My wife and I both ordered Clam Chowder, then she asked for a bacon cheese burger cooked medium and I went for the fried oyster appetizer with the though of ordering a salad if I was still hungry.
The chowder was good. It was nice and thick and had great flavor. My wife’s burger came out way over cooked and the meat tasted off, like it was the last patty in the freezer, it just wasn’t good. My oysters were on the small side, but that’s to be expected for an app. What caught me off guard was the dollop of mint jelly and the pearl sized piece of cream cheese on each one. I’ve never seen this before and I never want to taste it again. I scraped the jelly and cheese off of each one and ate a few of them, but when the waitress came by to ask how things were we simply told her “not very good” explained why asked her to take the the burger back and remove it from our bill. She was happy to oblige, asked us if she could replace our orders with anything else. We politely declined, payed our bill and went on our way.
Now maybe this was an off night but I have to say that the mint jelly really doesn’t belong on shellfish and cream cheese doesn’t complement oysters at all. Steer clear of those.

1  Thank mfheinonen
Reviewed 28 November 2017

Don't let the exterior deter you. We thought we had accidentally driven to a beer warehouse but in fact it was the restaurant. The beer was good and we bought our beer glasses to keep as souvenirs. I loaded up on oysters (fried and raw) I think my wife went for crab. Such good food at good prices. Décor, service and views were great, again don't be fooled by the industrial looking exterior and train tracks!

1  Thank John O
Reviewed 28 November 2017

The food is excellent and reasonably priced. The service is outstanding and friendly. The beer is delicious! The view of the Columbia is breathtaking. And as a added bonus, you can view the sea lions inside or outside the brewery, and they seem to love the attention!

1  Thank 2again
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

The view is spectacular. Grab a seat at the bar in the dining room - the tap room is cool but no view. The beer was very good and the oyster starter was unique and tasty. We had fresh fish, chowder, and Caesar salads. Very reasonable lunch. Oh you can also see sea lions! So cool! A must go spot.

1  Thank Meg R