“Family Back together again”

Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Astoria
Medford, Oregon
“Family Back together again”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel is certianly worth the drive. Affordable, clean, friendly. One of the best we have ever visited. The staff are wonderful, the fresh hot breakfast, just the icing on the trip. Will use THIS hotel every trip to my child hood home of Astoria Oregon!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. The family had 3, saw them all and they where really great
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank simpletimes
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. I am also very thrilled to hear that you will be using our facility again. I would like you to contact me personally when you want to book reservations for the next getaway.

Sandie Cindrich
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Clean, pleasnantly decorated, very thoughtful and kind staff, quiet location. The drawback is poor soundproofing. We were there for two nights and had what sounded like a hyperactive kangaroo on a pogo stick above us he first night and a very angry, loud family with two babies the next. The hotel is in the process of remodeling so perhaps they will address this issue. As a part of remodeling the handicapped access was not very convenient.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear Freddee. I am very sorry you had a "kangaroo on a pogo stick" (hilarious) above your room. I did not see that anyone reported the noise issue. Please any time you are in a hotel, please do not hesitate to let the front desk be aware of it so the problem be addressed. I truly hope that you will come back and stay with us again. Feel free to contact me directly at (503) 325-2205 and I can arrange to get you on the top floor.

Respectfully,
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I was in Astoria on business in April 2012. I stayed 2 nights at the Best Western Lincoln Inn right on the water in Astoria. I was a hesitant because I tend to prefer Marriott properties but the price was really good and our business appreciates it when we try to save money on travel.
This is an older property that is situated next to a marine repair yard, within sight of Astoria's famed Astoria-Meglar Bridge. My first impression was not very favorable as you go down a sidestreet towards a working shipyard before turning into the driveway which runs between some storage units. Not a great beginning.
My impression changed as soon as I walked in the front door. While it is not an ultramodern theme, I found the entrance area practically appointed and clean. The young lady working the front desk was very friendly and happily answered my questions and quickly got me moving towards my room. She was very efficient but also took the time to let you know they appreciate your business.
The carpets were all brand new and when I walked in my room I was thrilled to see it was completely remodeled and even smelled new. Granite countertops, very comfortable bed, microwave and refrigerator were all in excellent condition. Sound insulation is a little lacking but that is to be expected in an older property. The TV, while not a flat panel, was also spotless and worked perfectly. It is a really good sign when the mgt. makes the effort to specially select a TV Remote that can be easily sanitized...Well Done!
My view looked over the shipyard to the Colombia River channel where massive oceangoing ships were a frequent site.
My two nights at the BW Lincoln Inn were very restful and I especially appreciated the excellent housekeeping and friendly staff located throughout the hotel. Breakfast was standard fare with cereals, breads, waffles, eggs/sausage etc. The dining area was clean and well-appointed for your typical complimentary breakfast.
This is not a 5-star resort, but if you are looking for a clean and friendly place to stay in Astoria, you won't go wrong at the BW Lincoln Inn. Now....if we could just get some sunshine in Oregon....

Room Tip: Higher rooms will give you a better view of the Colombia River...however, probably more important is...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank clarkboys6
Ah yes, sunshine in Oregon. If I could have dialed it up for your stay I certainly would have! But I do want to thank you for a very concise and articulate review. I am very happy that you enjoyed the hotel and the staff. We hope to see you again. Tip - weather in September and October can't be beat!

Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 18 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here on a spur of the moment trip to the coast. The hotel was very clean, beds were comfortable and the young girl at the front desk was very nice. We would definitely stay here again. Doesn't smell, room and bedding were clean.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank bacn59
Thank you very much for your kind words. I am very pleased that we were able to meet your expectations on your vacation. I hope that we can be your hotel of choice from here on out! When you decide to get away again, please contact me directly at the hotel and I will make sure to get you another great room.

Regards,
Winter Haven
Reviewed 18 April 2012

From entry to exit the Best Western Lincoln Inn made us feel welcome and comfortable. The staff greeting us, Abbey and Lawanda were friendly and very informative. Our room was spacious and far beyond our expectations. Abbey was kind enough to upgrade us to a room with a hot tub and fire place, which on a rainy, chilly evening felt so very special. Breakfast the next morning presented nice warm eggs, sausage, multi grained toast, juice and fresh coffee. Ashley greeted us while we dined, and went about her duties assuring all breakfast partakers there was plenty for all. She did a great job! A staff this personal and caring, and rooms this clean and cozy deserve our highest recommendations. Well done to all at the Best Western Lincoln Inn in Astoria, OR.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Terri J
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
After reading this review I can only say that myself and the staff were quite humbled by your words. Everyone here has worked very hard to make this a great hotel and when we are praised by a guest such as yourselves we feel very accomplished. We really hope to see you again.

Warmest Regards,