“Quite Tasty Indian Fare”

Himani Indian Cuisine
Ranked #24 of 109 Restaurants in Astoria
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Opened about 4 months ago
Description: Opened about 4 months ago
Reviewed 8 October 2017

We enjoyed their curries a lot. For starters, the samosas were some of the best. We also had the Navarathan Koorma, Fish Tikka Masala (Tilapia) and Aloo Saag…very tasty. The service was cordial, but only marginally responsive. The prices were reasonable. Despite the iffy & well-intended service, the food & costs were well worth it. We will return.

1  Thank Kailua711

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Sometimes family run restaurants bask in the glory of the quality food they serve and let everything else that makes a good restaurant superb go by the wayside. This is my first visit here so hopefully what we experienced is just an anomoly. I will venture again but well prepared for the 70 minute wait for vegetarian food in a restaurant that was only 25% occupied.

They pride in the fact that their food is made from scratch. I realized what scratch meant to them after a visit. Food is great, but then anything after a 70 or so minute wait better taste good. Service and demeanor of serving owner left much to be desired.
They have a great place in a prime location and likely a good chef, but my regret is I did not leave the place happy with the experience. We had garlic and plain naans, palak paneer and bhindi masala. Rice and the vegetables were served after 70 minutes, naans came 10 minutes later and pooris another 10 minutes after that. Mind you, there were only 4 couples and a family that were dining at that time. So much potential, so little effort.

2  Thank Sashi S
Reviewed 9 August 2017

We love Indian food and we're quite "picky" about finding real AUTHENTIC Indian food. We moved to the Oregon coast about 2 years ago and after spotting these folks at the Sunday Market (in the food booth area) in downtown Astoria, we decided to go to their restaurant for lunch. The first word that comes to mind is UNBELIEVABLE! Everything was delicious and very authentic to the culture (not Americanized). We've been coming back about 4-6 times a month ever since, as I find myself craving naan, chicken tika and the curry chicken! Try the lunch buffet ~ it's a real treat and you can sample so many dishes by doing that instead of just one item off the menu. But I'll warn you, you'll quickly choose a favorite and crave it regularly ~ we did! This is a DON'T MISS place.

1  Thank MommaVino
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Stopped in to try the lunch buffet. It had a nice variety. At least a half a dozen items I have never seen before... even on a menu. They had these crispy onion and vegetable crisps that I had a hard time to stop eating... Great chai ice tea too.

2  Thank ECaldeira
Reviewed 23 June 2017

The lunch buffet was very good and some of the buffet choices were unique. The price was reasonable, but the setting is a little old.