“Best fish and chips in town.”

Bowpicker Fish & Chips
Ranked #3 of 104 Restaurants in Astoria
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 29 January 2012

It may seem a little dicey to get your grub from an old boat on the street. FEAR NOT! It is seriously delicious. For your safety, I've done quality control many times. I'm still alive :) This place frequently has a line in the summer, and there is good reason! There is not too much seating (the only downside).

Reviewed 20 January 2012

Tuna fish and chips that are amazing, washed down with a sprite and some decent fries. The only thing that could make it better would be fresh cut fries and this place would be off the charts.

Reviewed 9 December 2011

It's true. I grew up 40 miles down the road from Astoria and have eaten fresh seafood all my life. Nobody serves fish and chips like the Bowpicker. The only downside is the fact that you have to eat in your car if the weather is crap. Which it is most of the year on the Oregon Coast.... I never let that stop me when I'm in town-- this tuna is to die for.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

The Bowpicker has the BEST fish and chips!! They're so good!! It takes a little while for them to get your order ready, but it's because they make it fresh on the spot for you. It is so worth the wait!! You'll want to get there a little bit before lunch time and right when they open (around 11) because a large line forms!

Reviewed 16 November 2011

I really don't like fish and chips, but this place looked interesting. It's located in an old bowpicker perched up on a hill off the main highway.

There are a few stairs that lead up to the service window, then you wait on the platform while your food is prepared. We ordered a $10 platter of fish and chips, which was plenty for two people, and oh my gosh was it GOOD! I had never had fish & chips made with fresh tuna before (sounds pretty disgusting, eh?) but I could have easily eaten another portion. Light, crispy, not greasy and served with steak fries. The tartar sauce was super. In fact, the only thing lacking was a side of cole slaw, which might have been on the menu and I didn't see it.

I'm not sure if they are open during the winter, but you must try this place in the summer!

1  Thank catglass