“A classy, 40's ambience with great food and drink options!!”
Review of Carruthers

Carruthers
Ranked #22 of 105 Restaurants in Astoria
Reviewed 20 July 2017

We stayed in Astoria for 2 days and we loved our experience here. Wasn't too busy so we got seated right away and had a great seat towards the back where the old lit "Astoria" sign sits. Our waitress was excellent, polite and knowledgeable. As a vegetarian it can sometimes be tricky, but not an issue here. Forget the exact meal but believe it was a Thai wrap...delish! The drink options for hard liquor and beer are very good. Dessert was incredible. Loved it!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Fabulous eatery in the old Carruthers building and historic downtown Astoria. Beautiful atmosphere ,great service and lovely selections for entrées. It is family-friendly they do have a beautiful bar and less just cocktails

Reviewed 21 June 2017

This place has it all. Terrific food, outstanding bar with unique cocktails, excellent service from attentive staff and the premiere location in downtown Astoria.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

I first ate at Carruthers in October 2016 and had a delicious meal. Was looking forward to trying it again when I was back in Astoria. This time was a bit of a disappointment. Although the restaurant wasn't full like it had been on my first visit, it was still very loud and difficult to hear. I ordered the bacon wrapped beef tenderloin. The meat was delicious, however, it came with some potatoes and overcooked vegetables that were sitting in a big pile of oil. The service was friendly and attentive so I would give them high marks in that area. My partner said his meal tasted fine but nothing special. Considering the price, I think we'll try some place different next time.

1  Thank kdrom
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Reservation at 7. Didn't get seated until 820. They comped are drinks which was nice and left us happy as we finally sat. However, once we were seated it took 30 minutes to get a waiter to our table. Then they got my wife's order wrong. Once they dropped off the food a waiter never came back over. Ended up finishing and waiting 30 minutes for a check. The food was OK but not worth the three hours we spent at the restaurant.

Edit: just when I thought the evening couldn't get worse....I left this review while at the restaurant. An Employee saw it and came to the table and started complaining and swearing at us because apparently if you comp drinks the service can be terrible.

Just to be clear the comps were generous and nice, and completely made up for the hour and half wait, but it was the way we were treated after we were sat that was the issue.

4  Thank pisom23