This hotel seemed very nice but we had some issues we didn't expect. The blankets across the foot of the beds had not been laundered recently...one had sticky stuff like grape jam on it, the other had a crusty white substance on it. There were spots on the carpet. The beds were so-so for comfort. Nice widescreen tv, microwave & fridge.
But the biggest problem was the very thin walls of our room. We went to bed at 11pm, and shortly after began hours of cycling between sleep and being wakened. We heard our next door neighbor come into her room...she had several people join her and they talked and laughed until about 3am....after her company left she got a phone call at 3:45am which we clearly heard her side of. Don't get me wrong, a hotel guest should be able to entertain friends and make phone calls...I just don't want to have to hear these activities in the middle of the night. When the a/c was running we couldn't hear them, but when it shut off we could hear everything. There was no way to keep the a/c fan running which would have allowed us to sleep instead of waking & sleeping most of the night, and we had it set as cold as we could stand to keep it running as much as possible. This problem is a defect in construction; the rooms need to be soundproofed.
The breakfast was good, at least, and the front desk staff friendly. However, I would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville-South is an award wining hotel located off I-95 at exit 344 (J. Turner Butler BLVD) in South Jacksonville. We are the closest Holiday Inn Express Hotel to downtown Jacksonville. Our 100 % non smoking hotel is ideal for business or pleasure, as we provide what is important; comfort and fashionable furnishings. if you are here for business, this hotel is located within close proximity to companies such as Merrill Lynch, Bank of America, Citigroup, Blue Cross & Blue Shield and Mayo Clinic. If you are here for pleasure, visit the beaches, the City of Jacksonville, watch the Jacksonville Jaguars play at Alltel Stadium, go shopping at St. Johns Town Center Mall or visit one of our many universities like Jacksonville University, Edward Waters College, or the University of North Florida. Our beautiful hotel and suites feature complimentary high speed wireless Internet access, a deluxe continental breakfast, enjoy a workout in our fitness center on a treadmill, life cycle, stair stepper or weight station. We have a USA Today newspaper available to you every weekday. Enjoy our freshly baked Otis Spunkmeyer cookies in the evening. The best way to unwind is to simply relax in our outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Jacksonville South
- Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Jacksonville