All reviews cracker barrel butler blvd la quintas waffles hard boiled eggs pet friendly hotel allow pets first floor room was clean easy access stay there again other hotels breakfast area very nice stay free breakfast very nice hotel mayo clinic
Reviewed 6 April 2018

First, this is Jacksonville, a gritty city with generally appalling motels at this level. But this motel is trying. First the good, then, the bad:

1) Good: Wonderful and accommodating desk help. Verbal and pleasant. Great breakfast, with real butter, honey and cream cheese (this matters), real fruit and oatmeal. Convenient location near a Cracker Barrel. Comfortable, if firm, bed.

2) Bad: MANAGEMENT. PLS NOTE:

Dirty doors on bathroom, coffeemaker nook and bed headboard. Would it take so much to spray these areas and wipe them down. Your motel would gain an "excellent" rating if were cleaner.

Also:

Housekeeping did not empty the water bucket second night, nor did they leave a replacement liner.

Funky:

Beds have some sort of odd tough cord liner around the outside edge, making sitting on the edge nigh impossible, One must throw oneself onto the beg like a porpoise to avoid bruising the backs of one's thighs.

Odd. The rooms probably need an update.

Room tip: Above 2nd floor for NO PETS.
Date of stay: April 2018
1  Thank rangeragainstwar6
General M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Jacksonville Butler Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Rangeragainstwar6,

Thank you for your feedback, I truly appreciate your insight as this only makes us better. I am glad that the front of the house is pleasant and accommodating and we continue to strive for excellence in all areas. I will be sharing you feedback with my housekeeping staff about your concerns and rest assure that on your next visit these area will have been addressed. We hope to host your stay again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We stay at La Quintas quite often because we have a dog that travels with us and pets stay free.. This is a very nice hotel, our room was beautiful and the bed was amazing! We did have a 2 room suite, where the bedroom and living room were separated by doors.. Very nice stay and will definately stay again.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Jacksonville Butler Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Amber B, Thank you for your review. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay, we truly hope we can Host your stay once again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We like to stay at La Quinta because they take pets and are usually very nice. This one is an older bldg with a rickety old elevator. The bad part was the room was not clean. The dog found cough drops and popcorn on the carpet. Breakfast bar had no healthy choices. Bathroom was clean with fluffy towels. Just not up to the price paid.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Jacksonville Butler Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Thank you for your review Christymi, I understand our building is older and in need of a renovation and we are hopeful it will receive a renovation soon however this does not excuse the fact your room was not up to par with yours nor our standard. I apologize if your room was not cleaned properly and please know that I have shared your experience with my housekeeping team. I do hope you will give us another opportunity in the near future as your experience was the exception and not the norm.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Our favorite place in the area due to the location and room layout.. Clean. Next door to Cracker Barrel and one block from Applebees. Great areas outside for walking your dog. Staff were not as friendly or helpful as we have experienced at other LaQuinta locations. Our biggest disappointment was the breakfast. Very limited choices. Also, when we arrived in the room there were easily 30 people including young kids that one of the other guests said had all walked in from the door (possibly staying elsewhere?) As a result we were not able to eat.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
General M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Jacksonville Butler Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Thank you for your review Pat B. I am happy to read that your experience with our Hotel was great, I do want to apologize for the lack of customer service my team gave you. Please know that we strive to be the same La Quinta hotel no matter where you visit and this experience was the exception and not the norm. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the near future and you will notice that we take pride in the service that we provide to all our guest.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Over all not a bad room, clean bed, pillows not so much. Good location wifi. Now to the good stuff never stay on the first floor as we found out to late this is the DOG floor. we were serenaded all night with dogs barking. they should have gave me my money back.

Room tip: stay away unless you don't what to get any sleep.
Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank rojoe
General M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Jacksonville Butler Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Thank you for your review Rojoe, I do understand your frustration of not getting a good night sleep. We are a pet friendly hotel however we try to place guest who do not want to be close to a pet room on a different floor. If you allow us to Host your stay in the future, please let us know that you would like a non pet floor and we will accommodate.