“My Extended Stay Experience”

Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park
Ranked #99 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 10 March 2010

This was the most wonderful stay I have had.. The staff was wonderful from the front desk to the household technician. The room was very comfortable and spacious. I would recommend to everyone and will frequent again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank srwwalk
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 December 2009

As part of job relocation I “lived” at this hotel for a month. Most of the staff was friendly and helpful, but a few working the front desk were less than helpful. The rooms are clean, though slightly dated.

The location was good, close to lots of shopping, dining and entertainment options, and only 30 minutes from downtown. The property is located within a business park (mostly medical related offices); it is empty on the weekends and evenings. Across the street is a small lake, a winter home for a few geese.

I had a queen bed, a chair that converted to a sleeper, dining table with two chairs that doubled as a desk/work area. A dresser with 3 drawers, TV with very limited channel selections (though oddly EVERY ESPN channel). A vanity area with a rack for hanging clothes. SIX hangers were provided, two of which didn’t had the hook part bent so they didn’t come off the rack. A Mini Safe is available for an additional fee.

The kitchenette included a full size refrigerator, two burner electric cook top, and a few kitchen basics. A mini microwave was also provided, toaster and 4-cup coffee pot. 1 packet of dishwasher soap was provided each week.

My room was #209. AVOID it. Why? It is directly below the guest laundry room. I heard washing machines and dryers into the wee hours of the morning. I did like that I did not have neighbors on either side of my room. Sound proofing did leave a bit to be desired. Laundry by the way is $1.50 to wash and to $1.50 to dry. The washers and dryers could use a good cleaning.

The bed was a little better than usual hotel/motel beds, pillows were great, linens and towels beyond scratchy. Housekeeping service was mostly good. Only one week did it seem like my room was not touched, and only the towels replaced.

On the negative side, if someone cooks something with a strong odor, the entire hallway smells of it. If the outdoor grill is used the AC sucks in the cooking smells. Trash cans are located in the stairwells on each floor, but they are not emptied on the weekends so the stairwells can get smelly.

Breakfast is provided Monday thru Friday (except Holidays). Available items I can recall are regular and decaf coffee, tea, Juices, instant oatmeal, packaged bagels, packaged chocolate or blueberry muffins.

This is a pet friendly hotel. It is actually a fairly quite location, no street noise. But it is off a very busy street (SR115) and during the morning and evening rush hour, it can be challenging to get in and out of the side street.

Free WiFi is available, but the signal strength is lacking.

Good for a shorter stay … a month was just too long to be here.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
4  Thank BSQ
Reviewed 8 October 2009

The lobby does not give a good impression of the hotel as it needs remodeling but the room itself was great. The only issue was as with all hotels I could hear noises from accompanying rooms late into the night. I would recommend this hotel but bring earplugs with you.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank GeeBee47
Reviewed 27 July 2009

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and are looking forward to our next trip to Jacksonville - we've found a keeper. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Lobby is lovely and inviting. Pool was warm and there's a nice gas grill available for guests to use at poolside. The room was well designed and had everything we needed, and the bed was really comfy.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank mel0225
Reviewed 12 May 2009

I get to spend a lot of time "on the road" each year, and wherever I go, I look for good value in my accommodations.

Extended Stay Hotels give me just what I need. And this location exemplifies the best of what they have to offer.

The thing I like best is the full-size kitchen. It is so nice to not have to face a surly waiter over my breakfast coffee. Or come back from the jobsite at 2200 and be able to slip off my shoes, kick back, and watch a movie with my supper.

At this location, Charles and the rest of the staff are friendly and helpful. They remember my name when I walk in the door, and make sure I have a room which is to my liking. And it is always spotlessly clean and fresh.

I have stayed at Extended Stay locations in Jacksonville, Savannah GA, Richmond VA, and Austin TX. I have put up my clients, vendors, and friends in the local location. And it is always the same: good folks providing good service and excellent value to the business traveler.

So I go back and back...with confidence.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business