“Great for a quick stay!”

Days Inn Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #57 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville, FL
“Great for a quick stay!”
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I stayed overnight to catch a flight the next day and it was great to have a shuttle pick me up and take me back to the airport. Although that part of town isn't very good, the hotel itself is nice and very clean. They had a very tasty breakfast in the morning and it was a great stay.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank efletch3
Cecil10358, General Manager at Days Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear efletch3,

Thanks for your review and i am very happy to know we wer able to mke your stay a memorable and enjoyable one. Please pas the word to your friends and family so that if they are ever in this area and need a place toy stay they will choose us.

Again Thanks

Cecil A. Grant
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The personnel were extremely friendly and helpful here. We were given a room that had not been entirely made up yet. The manager came to our room and personally carried our luggage to a nearby room and apologized profusely. The room was older, but clean and had wi-fi. Breakfast was included, but the usual motel fare. The rates were very reasonable. If you need a decent hotel with shuttle to airport or cruise port, this is it.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Cecil10358, General Manager at Days Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear kgirltraveler,

Thanks for your review and I again apologize for the mis- communication with your room.
Happy to know that we could resolve the issue without much stress to you and your wife and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please do come back again if you are in the area. Enjoy the rest of the Spring and have a Wonderful Summer.

charlotte
Reviewed 12 April 2012

ooked this hotel again prior to cruise out of Jaxport on 4/14/12; upon checking in, was told
that "priceline" had booked a "smoking room" and that there would be an additional charge of
$10 per night. I used Priceline for the booking and for which I have use for hotel reservations for
at least 30 times in the last 5 years. What's up with Priceline booking a specific type of room for
me for which I would be charged an additional $10 per night at check-in??? If this is they way they are doing business now, I will not continue to use their service. That is very misleading and
deceptive. Why woulld one expect to pay extra for the hotel after the room has been booked and
paid for?? There is no mention in their bookings that they request a certain type of room for you and that you may incur addtional charges because of that! Called Priceline customer service and they offered no solution!

Beware of booking with Priceline; you don't know what the "price" will really be!

I have no beef with hotel; all this was "priceline's mess". Accordingly, the hotel waived the fee and I thankful to them for their service.

Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank cruiser30
Cecil10358, General Manager at Days Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
Dear Cruiser30,

Thanks for your feedback and I am happy to know that we at the hotel were able to make things right for you and take the stress out of your vacation. If you ever come back to the Bold New City of the South and need a place to stay I hope that you will choose to stay with us.

Once again thanks for your review and thanks for your business.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 18 March 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for one night before and two nights after sailing on the Carnival Fascination. The service was excellent. We flew into the Jacksonville airport and (after we called the shuttle) were promptly picked up and brought to the hotel. The next morning, we were on the first shuttle to the cruise port (10:30am) and had checked in to our ship before they had even begun boarding.

The cruise was excellent, and when we disembarked around 9:30am on Thursday, there was already a return shuttle waiting for us. We were greeted by Cecil, the General Manager, who made sure that we all had an enjoyable time on our cruise. Since we were staying for a few extra nights, he got to know us a little better as well, and as we saw him over the next few days, he was always lighthearted and joking with us. Definitely made our stay more enjoyable being treated with respect.

A note about the cruise package: the hotel offers a $99 cruise offer which includes a one-night's stay, free parking, and round trip shuttle service to and from the cruise terminal. Since we flew in and didn't have a car, and since I was paying with Best Western Rewards Points, we opted to purchase just the shuttle service at $15/per person round trip. This was a great deal, as taking a taxi would have cost at least double.

While the hotel really only has a Denny's, Subway, Dunkin Donuts, and Waffle House nearby, if you're able to walk for about 15 minutes you can get to a very nice mall with tons of dining/shopping options. Additionally, if you don't want to walk, you can take the public bus for $1.50 each way (or take it down town for even more options).

Overall, this was a great hotel stay, and Cecil is a great General Manager. I may not want to cruise on the same exact ship, but if I'm ever flying into the Jacksonville Airport again, I will definitely stay at this hotel, and you should too.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank marcr13
Cecil10358, General Manager at Days Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Dear March 13
Tulsa Oklahoma,

Thanks for your feedback about your recent stay with us. I will certainly share your comments with the entire staff because your overall experience is a TEAM effort. Please share the informtion with your friends and relatives so that if they are ever in this area they will give us the opportunity to serve them.

Once again Thanks and hopefully we will see you again sometime.

Regards,

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I checked into the Best Western Jacksonville Airport on March 17th at 1am in the morning for a brief overnight rest before leaving on a cruise to the Bahamas. Having traveled extensively --both domestically and internationally -- since childhood, I have been educated on the importance of following proper health and safety protocol when away from home. Needless to say, I was shocked to find bugs, both alive and dead, under the mattress in Room 257 upon arrival. Due to the lateness of the hour, I immediately asked for another room. Although the new accomodations appeared to be "bug free", I still left my suitcase in the car as a precaution. Yesterday morning, I related the incident to a family member who immediately logged onto Trip Advisor to check out the hotel. To our surprise, we found 2 similar incident reports over the last 6 weeks. I was encouraged to contact Mr. Cecil Grant, the general manager, to report the problem I encountered in Room 257. When Mr. Grant contacted me, he assured me that his hotel did not have a bed bug problem. I offered on four separate occasions during our conversation to take him to the room and show him what I found. Each time he refused, explaining he would rather wait until his "inspectors" could investigate the problem. While I am certainly not an entomologist, I am smart enough to know a bug when I see one. So while I can't confirm the existence of "bed bugs" in Mr. Grants hotel, he definitely had "bugs in his bed" -- both alive and dead. There were black spots on the mattress and a red bug (alive) that looked like a tick.

Each reader of this review is encouraged to draw their own conclusions regarding my stay at the Best Western Jacksonville Airport. I, however, will NOT RECOMMEND this hotel to anyone, nor will I stay at this location again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank MillenialTraveler
Cecil10358, General Manager at Days Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear MillenialTraveller,

As I promised I did have our Pest Control company come in and treat room 257. No evedince of Bed Bug was found but pet fleas which is quite possible because we sometimes have guest with pets. As a precaution we treated the room and the two adjacent rooms as well as the room below. We have a very agressive Pest Control program and I know that our hotel is Bed Bug free. We continue to monitor all our rooms to ensure our hotel will remain this way.

Thanks for your feedback.

Respectfully,