“Good Hotel Overall”

Ranked #6 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Boulder, Colorado
“Good Hotel Overall”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

This is a good hotel overall. I was very happy with my room. My only complaint is that their breakfasts and dinners are below par for a Staybridge. I am not a picky eater, but I have passed on several meals that looked just plain unappetizing. I have stayed at other Staybridge hotels that have served wonderful food, so it is a problem with this specific location. Besides that, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel again. It is also across the street from a Publix grocery story with is very convenient.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank aroehrig
StaybridgeJax, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Thank you so much for mentioning Dustin by name. Although he has only been with us abut 3 months now it was fun loving and caring nature that has help him excell. Being someone in the hospitality business it always surprises me when someone says something like "...treated us like we really matter." What you experienced is what you should expect whenever you go to a hotel, eat at a restaurant or deal with anyone else in a service environment. Unfortuneately, we know that is not always the case. Next time you are here, I will request warmer weather so that pool won't be so cold. :-)
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Hotel is located across from shopping center and behind a CVS (lots of shopping and restaurants in surrounding area) booked queen suite on 4th floor and noise was not a factor- room was clean, bed comfortable and more than adequate space for single person though bathroom was quite small. However, it was spotless and the towels were plush. Breakfast offered nice variety of items and I appreciate the fact they serve real butter and had nice selection of condiments. From time of check in to check out staff was friendly and helpful. A/C was a bit loud-not really an issue for me.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank L S
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
It sounds like we hit all the key factors for you: spotless hotel, close to everything yet quite, good breakfast and friendly staff. Thank you as well for mentioning the a/c unit. We had our maintenance tech. look at it immediately.
Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Moved to Staybridge after a bad night at another hotel. Wish we'd gone here first. Rooms were quiet, clean and comfortable and location very convenient. Only negative was that we didn't book online which cost us about $20 over the online price. Desk clerk said nothing he could do.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
I hope that other hotel does not taint your view of Jacksonville as a whole. For the most part, everyone in Jacksonville is proud of their city and where they work expecially when meeting people from out of town. It just goes to show you that sometimes it is better to rely more on sites like TripAdvisor than it is just choosing a hotel because it has a Marriott or Hilton name behind it.
Lutz, Florida
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed one night after winning a bid on Priceline. Room 111 is a "priceline room", and it was right in back of reception area. For a woman traveling alone this felt very safe, by the way. Perhaps someone who is noise sensitive and wanting to sleep during the day or at 10 pm would be bothered...but then I'm sure if you asked they would move you and it would be fine. It was quiet enough that I fell asleep at 5 pm for an hourlong nap...anyway, everything was quiet by midnight. The "suite" is spacious, with a kitchen, desk, sofabed, roomy bathroom. I was pleased with it, the breakfast had omelettes, bacon, waffles, french toast, and various pastries. Fruit, cereal, juice...and so on. Both the room and the common areas, including breakfast were spotlessly clean. The staff were very friendly, and this is a convenient pleasant location, too. I will likely stay there again, even without a priceline price.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Thank you so much for your positive comments. I would like to clarify that we don't have any "Priceline rooms." Yes there are rooms that will have more traffic in front of their doors, i.e. room by the elevator, room by the exit to the pool etc. but we consider every room in the hotel to be just as nice and clean as the next. Now that you were lucky enough to WIN us on Priceline, I hope you will Choose us in the future.
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My son is in the Navy. He had back surgery. i came down to be with him. Management upgraded our room to accomodate a second bed, so we could take care of my son one day after surgery. Mitchell upgraded our room and the General Manager ok'd the upgrade. When we checked in i inquired about the upgrade, the gentleman at the front desk, said yes we did upgrade your room and he was very nice about it. Everyone at this hotel is so nice and professional. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that comes to Jacksonville. The breakfast is very good. The location is excellent. CVS and Redbox right behind hotel, shopping center across the street has a Publix grocery store and plenty of restaurants close by. The Regency Mall is also close to the hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I have contact our revenue manager and told them to triple our rates immediately...Just Kidding :-) When you are on the road things like the size of the suite and the cleanliness really matter which is why our rooms are some of the largest that you will find. The cleanliness is all about the pride we take in our rooms.