“Outstanding Restaurant!”
Review of Matthew's

Matthew's
Reserve with OpenTable
Matthew's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 2,171 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 80
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Alford Place
Description: For over a decade, Matthew's Restaurant in San Marco has been one of Northeast Florida's most distinctive, innovative and elegant restaurants. Chef Matthew Medure has set the standard in fine dining with his unique menu options, impeccable service and attention to detail. The staff is at your service and prepared for your every need. The menu is carefully thought out each day to surprise and entertain your palate and to satisfy every distinctive taste.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I took my wife to this restaurant for her birthday and before seeing the play at the Theatre Jacksonville. We were very impressed with the quality of the service and the quality of the food! Outstanding is the best word to describe the restaurant! Highly recommend - will definitely return!

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

This place is totally fantastic! I absolutely cannot wait to come back. We did the chefs tasting menu and enjoyed the experience service and flavors! The first two courses wede seafood and hard to top during the rest of our visit. We had a perfectly cooked and seasoned scallop with accompaniments, tuna in a wonderful lemongrass broth, a mussel chowder, and the mussels were plump amd perfect! We also had a rare steak course, i do have to report that i could only eat half of my steak becuase i could not cut through it, but everything else on the plate was perfect, i almost didn't care. A miss for me was the dessert, which was a blonde souffle that tasted like pure marichino cherry juice. However as part of dessert they gave us a free half glass of champagne and two macaroons, and they were so fav i forgot about the dessert that came with the tasting menu. I told my husband to prepare gis wallet because this is my new fav place!! I recommend for any special occasion or date night.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

This is by far the best service we have had in the Jax area! The food is EXCELLENT and the price is reasonable considering the quality of food and service. Expect to average $100-$125/person depending on what you get including a glass of wine, dessert and coffee.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Chose to eat here based on Trip Advisor reviews. Perfect meal from start to finish. Be certain to ask for the Ryan and Luke server situation. Luke came around regularly with a plate of a variety of hot breads. Ryan could not have been more attentive or professional. The prime tenderloin was one of the best meals we’ve ever had. Cannot wait to go back!!

Sterling T, Guest Relations Manager at Matthew's, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Thank you for choosing to give us a try and I am thrilled to hear Ryan and Luke took such good care of you. I will let them know they were appreciated and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

It wasn’t crowded on a Wednesday at 8:30. When we came in it was maybe 2 other tables. Our waiter was plenty friendly and knowledgeable. For an appetizer we had the Hudson Valley Foie Gras. So amazing. My wife had the KC strip. It was excellent, I had a few bites. For my entree I had the Veal Cheek. It’s almost like a braised short rib. Very good. The mashed potatoes were delicious. The service was excellent, our waiter treated us to 2 small glasses of wine each. I’m not sure if it was because it was our anniversary or not, but that was a great touch. The food was amazing. For desert we had the flourless chocolate torta and it was superb. I initially thought the popcorn was odd, but it went so well with the vanilla ice cream & the chocolate cake. My wife says new favorite restaurant in Jacksonville. And who am I to disagree?

Sterling T, Guest Relations Manager at Matthew's, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

We are honored that you chose to spend your anniversary with us. Thank you for allowing us to create a memorable evening and we look forward to many years of celebrations!