“This place really has it all, food, service, and entertainment”
Review of Hamburger Mary's

Hamburger Mary's
Ranked #526 of 2,186 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 December 2017

We stopped in for lunch during the middle of the afternoon, to late for the lunch crowd, too early for the supper crowd and it was very quiet. This was a good time to check out the food and service, both were excellent. The food was quick, fresh, a huge tasty burger and good service. We came back that night for the show and were treated to more of the same. It was really busy but our waiter kept up nicely. He got us more great food and drinks, we stayed for several hours and he was very attentive, never forget anything even with the large crowd. The show was incredible. The performers were talented, handled the crowd well and made their rounds, leaving no one out no matter where you may have been seated. Most shows are pretty quick but the 7pm show we went for went until almost time for the 9pm to start, there was just a few minutes break for them and it started all over. A very friendly crowd, and again, the food was really good, backed up by great service.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

I went this past Monday with a group of friends for HamBINGO. I really liked that they have a charity group or organization that they sponsor and some of the proceeds are donated to. We made reservations to ensure a good seat and to make sure our group could sit together. You pay $10 for 10 game sheets of bingo where you play on three boards each game. They give you a break after every three games. You can also buy 6 raffle tickets for $5 for the 50/50. Service was a little slow as I ordered my food early hoping I would get it before bingo started which did not happen. Knowing this is a hamburger joint I ordered the "Meaty Mushroom" burger with the "tasty ta-ta's (tater tots)" for $11.50. The burger was a little over cooked and the tater tots were cold. Another person at the table ordered chicken wings that were undercooked and had to send back. They did do the right thing and took the wings off of her bill. I was disappointed as I thought the food would of been better. I have had better burgers for less $. Draft beer was responsible priced at $2. Would go back to see a drag show but would not eat there again.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

We had a girls night out and the food and drinks were excellent! So much fun!
very organized , great wait staff and the girls put on a show!!!

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Honestly I didn't know what to expect. The place was packed and the decor outlandish, the food pretty good, but when the floor show started I was blown away! The female impersonators in this place are extremely talented and the entire atmosphere is fun,upbeat, and thoroughly enjoyable. But you'd better come early if you want a seat. It's packed every Friday & Saturday nights, especially for the show that starts at 11:30 PM.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

I had heard a lot about this place through the years from my sister who lives in the area, but had never visited myself.

On my most recent visit over Memorial Day weekend, we heard rumors that Hamburger Mary's in Jacksonville would be going out of business and closing. We happened to pass by, and it was open, so we decided to go in and ask about the rumors.

It was mid-afternoon on a Sunday, and the place was empty with the exception of one couple eating, and a couple of folks drinking at the bar. We had just eaten lunch but took a seat at the bar and ordered a couple of drinks. The bartender was friendly and competent and our drinks were good. Although we didn't order food, from what I saw of the food the couple was eating (one had a burger and the other some sort of wrap), it looked and smelled good.

The place is known for its drag shows, however there were no performers while we were there, as it was a Sunday afternoon.

Being a tourist whose name just happens to be Mary, I was intrigued by the kitschy decor and got up to take some photos. A customer at the bar made a snarky comment but I didn't care and just ignored him and continued to take photos.

We asked about the rumors of closing, and the bartender said they do not intend to close any time soon. I am happy to hear it, as I would like to return to both try the food and see the show the next time I am in town.

1  Thank Mary M