“excellent girls night”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2017

We had a girls night out and the food and drinks were excellent! So much fun!
very organized , great wait staff and the girls put on a show!!!

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Honestly I didn't know what to expect. The place was packed and the decor outlandish, the food pretty good, but when the floor show started I was blown away! The female impersonators in this place are extremely talented and the entire atmosphere is fun,upbeat, and thoroughly enjoyable. But you'd better come early if you want a seat. It's packed every Friday & Saturday nights, especially for the show that starts at 11:30 PM.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

I had heard a lot about this place through the years from my sister who lives in the area, but had never visited myself.

On my most recent visit over Memorial Day weekend, we heard rumors that Hamburger Mary's in Jacksonville would be going out of business and closing. We happened to pass by, and it was open, so we decided to go in and ask about the rumors.

It was mid-afternoon on a Sunday, and the place was empty with the exception of one couple eating, and a couple of folks drinking at the bar. We had just eaten lunch but took a seat at the bar and ordered a couple of drinks. The bartender was friendly and competent and our drinks were good. Although we didn't order food, from what I saw of the food the couple was eating (one had a burger and the other some sort of wrap), it looked and smelled good.

The place is known for its drag shows, however there were no performers while we were there, as it was a Sunday afternoon.

Being a tourist whose name just happens to be Mary, I was intrigued by the kitschy decor and got up to take some photos. A customer at the bar made a snarky comment but I didn't care and just ignored him and continued to take photos.

We asked about the rumors of closing, and the bartender said they do not intend to close any time soon. I am happy to hear it, as I would like to return to both try the food and see the show the next time I am in town.

1  Thank Mary M
Reviewed 17 January 2017

food and drinks were good but the show was wonderful. Also played Drag bingo for the first time. Go early to get a seat it fills up fast.

Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

Great place .of course it saysays Hamburger which mean not to order Chinese food right. Always ask for the specialty. And you can't go wrong. The burger was great to the taste prepared just the way you like it.in the evening they have a show we didn't stay for it .we wanted to check it out and try the food. We were not disappointed. We will go back and enjoy the food and live entertainment.