“Delicious Nachos!!!”

Ranked #391 of 2,281 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 10
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: The "Anything Goes" approach to food, wall art, hot sauce & life in general.
Reviewed 6 May 2018

I recently stayed in Jax with my bf and he knows I love chicken nachos - Tijuana Flats did not disappoint! Easily the best and cheapest chicken nachos of our trip - and we tried a lot!

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Only a few options on the menu-veggie burrito or veggie bowl (tortilla as a shell vice a wrapper). Got the bean veggie bowl/salad. My co-worker got a half salad and something else and I ordered the full salad. Half way through eating it I told my co-worker that I thought my salad was really small, I was going to have to order something else to be satisfied, then we realized they gave my full size salad to my co worker. So I asked for the rest of my salad, and they brought more. But the fried onions and bell peppers that we asked to be added to the salad to give it flavor was missing, so it was really without any kick. So they have the ingredients, just need to know how to actually make something flavorful.
Sauce bar is cute, tried a few that appeared vegan. Is ok in a pinch but I have had better. We were one of 2 tables and service was really painfully slow.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

We’ve been on a restaurant hop lately trying out Mexican foods. I’d have to say, “not going back.” The enchilada tortilla was aweful and was not pack with meat as they supposed to be... My sides were so small that I wondered about this place... They queso tasted like straight cheddar cheese.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Both my wife and I were very pleased with our meal . . . I had Philly Cheesesteak Flautas - VERY good . . . my wife had Steak Salad . . . she was very complimentary of it.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 31 July 2017

This is a great place for college students or if you're looking for a quick meal on the cheap. On Tuesdays they offer 2 tacos, chips, and a drink for $5.99 and $1 drafts. Is it the best taco place is Jax, nah, but it's not the worse either. They do have a large selection of local sauces and the service is quick.

Date of visit: July 2017