“Felt like we were staying with family! Very friendly staff, very clean hotel.”
Review of Hospitality Inn

Hospitality Inn
Ranked #64 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville, Florida
“Felt like we were staying with family! Very friendly staff, very clean hotel.”
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Our a/c went out and we could not get it fixed for almost 4 days. It was miserably hot, 95 degrees in our house, so we decided to stay at this hotel. We stayed 3 nights and enjoyed it tremendously. The lobby, our room and the grounds of the hotel were super clean. It was nice and quiet, the staff is the best! When we arrived, we were checked in by Melissa..who was so nice and friendly and made a wonderful first impression on my Husband and I. Another employee that made a huge impression on us...Mrs. Lou. Wow, she is amazingly friendly, we saw her every night we were there and she makes you feel like family. Our bed was so comfortable (even our children stated how comfy their bed was), the pool was WONDERFUL...clean and the temperature was perfect! We loved the free breakfast every morning. They also have a movie theater popcorn machine in the kitchen area and they make popcorn for all of the guests every night and have a huge flat screen TV to watch movies on. Free internet and not only do you have a microwave, toaster oven, refridgerator and coffee maker in your room, you can use their kitchen to cook for your family. That was super awesome! How many "chain hotels" do you find that in? Another rarity...We saw the owners at the hotel every single day we were there. They were out and about the grounds, making sure things were clean and perfect. I am so glad we stayed here. One more thing..Police were everywhere...AND NOT IN A BAD WAY! They have a sub-station right at the hotel. We felt very safe and slept very well. Great job Hospitality Inn!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Gretna, Nebraska
Reviewed 8 April 2011

Family owned and operated. Very good alternative to mid-level chains. Not a fancy hotel -- but very well ran, the property is well kept and staff freindly. Not a destination - but good place to relax. The commmon porch off the main room is a nice touch and very funtional.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
thorold
Reviewed 25 March 2011

The owner was very courteous and friendly.The rooms were clean and the atmoshere was relaxing and quiet.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 February 2011

I stayed at the Hospitality Inn last month for leisure in JACKSONVILLE, FL. I stayed for a few days and had to check into another hotel. The Hotel is very old and run down but when I saw the mold on my shower curtain I was concerned for my family's health. Needless to day, I had to leave the following day. I ended up staying at a hotel only 20 minutes from this one for the same price, and it was CLEAN!
If I pay $60/Night I Expect an establishment to be a clean one. My kids are asthmatic and couln't take one more night in the room with the mold spores in this unit. The pool was unclean so even if it was a sunny day, I would never let my children swim in it. Not really an ammentity in my opinion.
On a side note, my oldest son had red bumps all over his back for weeks that itched terribly. I'm no doctor, but they appear to be bites from bed bugs. Being in the Hospitality Industry myself, I've seen plenty of hotels that appeared clean that had bedbugs. Not only did the Hospitality Inn appear dirty, but it was dirty. The front desk clerk did nothing about my concerns. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean, safe environment for you and your family.

Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Mrbrown55
Keytesville, Missouri
Reviewed 22 December 2010

My husband and I will always remember the compassion and support we received during our three month stay this summer at the Hospitality Inn. My husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer and we chose proton therapy in Jacksonville, which is thousands of miles from our home. I was unable to stay with him for the duration. The Hospitality Inn became his home away from home and Jane and Tom and the staff became his family. Thank you so much for the home cooked meals, care, and concern. We will forever feel indebted to you. May God continue to bless you all for not only providing lodging for those in need, but genuine compassion.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple