“Once again a great experience!”

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Jacksonville / Baymeadows
Ranked #82 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 18 August 2011

This is the third year I have stayed in this hotel during my trip to the United States. It is an extended stay hotel so it doesn't have all the services of other hotels, but for what they charge, the rooms are clean and comfortable!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank asimovtrek
sesjax, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Jacksonville / Baymeadows, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2011

The Staff and I would like to Thank you for your kind review. The next time you are in the area, I hope that you will choose us again.

Best Wishes,

Shelley

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 25 July 2011

My daughter and I were on our way home to Valdosta, GA, when our vehicle broke down. Unfortuantely, it is not a quick fix and the mechanics recommended Suburban Exteneded Stay. After reading reviews here I was EXTREMELY SKEPTICAL. I am a clean freak and can not tolerate rude employees. Upon check in, desk clerk was superb. Very friendly and helpful. When we went to our room, we were pleasently surprised. Although small (But it is certainly suitable), it was very clean!! New bedding, new carpet, new fridge (with a real freezer). TV is also new, with great channel line-up. Kitchette is well stocked with everything you would need to prepare meals. AC works FANTASTIC!! I like it cold, and at times it has been too cold. There is also free wireless included. Rest of the staff, is wonderful as well. Very cordial and helpful. Also, being wthout a vehicle, there are numerous restaurants well with in walking distance. GREAT RATES as well!! Prior to arrival here, I spent 3x's the amount per night and was not half as satisfied as I am here. I will definelty stay here again when traveling to/through Jacksonville.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank TitchToo
sesjax, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Jacksonville / Baymeadows, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2011

I would like to thank you for your kind comments. It is very much appreciated. We have tried really hard to turn things around and give a better impression and your comments will help us alot to show guests that we are not as bad as our comments.
You are very much appreciated and when you are traveling in the area again, please contact us ahead of time so that we can make special arrangements for you.

Thanks again,
Shelley

Reviewed 4 May 2011

Upon arrival at hotel the desk agent was outside with two other guys smoking and not friendly. The room was a big joke " nasty ". The kitchen range was broken alone with the fridge. The bathroom had mold all over it. Toilet did not flush and no one was able to help me. On Saturday my child woke up to two small roaches crawling on him. This hotel really need to be shut down poor mgt. and rooms are not up to choice standards.Also hair was found on bathroom floor and wall. When we pulled back to covers the sheets were filty likethey have not been washed.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. You have been warned..
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank WASSENIA2005
sesjax, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Jacksonville / Baymeadows, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2011

I would like to take a moment to apologize for the problems that you had while staying with us back in April. Rest assured that your comments do not fall on deaf ears. All employees have been warned and are on notice. This type of activity will not be tolerated. Thank you for letting us know. Also, I would like you and anyone else that reads this to know that we are doing everything we can to make this a better place to visit. We are working very hard to turn things around. I would like to know which room you stayed in so that we are able to put that room down and have it treated and get maintenance in there to correct all problems.
Thank you for letting us know. Without your comments we would not know that these problems exsist.

Management & Staff

Reviewed 17 October 2010

First this is a MOtel, NOT a HOtel. Next, this was a FILTHY room. The dirtiest I've ever encountered...ever, and I will attach pics to verify. Rooms are only "cleaned" once a week, whereas daily at other Suburban Extended Stay's, and you have to PAY EXTRA to have your room serviced more often. WHAT? We weren't provided the Queen room had CONFIRMED, rather a Full, which is OBVIOUSLY NOT designed for two adults as it was surprisingly small (we've had rooms in tiny NYC hotels larger than this); barely room to move after setting a weeks worth of luggage out.

The door wasn't installed properly, so there was a LARGE gap, allowing light, noise and bugs in. We noticed tiny little brown bugs on the wall next to the a/c unit under the window. I called the front desk to ask that they spray/bomb/whatever while we were out the next day (was here for the Mayo Clinic), but they said "sorry, we can't do that since we call an outside company & rely on their schedule, so it might be about 5 days or more." Not even an offer to come in themselves with ordinary spray out of courtesy? We were offered a diff room, but had to wait for the guy to call us back. Several hours later that call didn't come until after 11pm, after the office closed for the day. By then it was so late & the possible alternate room was on the 1st floor which I would not accept in this establishment, plus I had to be up at 5am the next morning & had no desire to repack 9 bags, drag them downstairs & unpack AGAIN, in another potentially nasty room. The next day I inquired about the new room (at a more reasonable 5pm-ish) and was told they were now totally booked.

We ended up buying a set of sheets at Wal-Mart to put on the bed since we didn't trust theirs. A blue fleece blanket under the top comforter was obviously NOT washed/changed out on cleaning day (Wed) - it had these odd sticky-to-the-touch spots on it & was still on the bed after the supposed cleaning. We removed that from the bed altogether.

The backsplash around the stovetop as well as the vent hood had brown, caked-on goop on it. How was this missed by housekeeping over & over? The shelf below the sink was filthy and the silverware caddy had dirty spots on it, so there was no way we were going to use ANY of their utensils/etc. Again, I took pics of all this, I just hope the file sizes aren't too large & I can upload them all here so you can see.

Because of the decent reviews here (albeit the most recent was from late '09), we thought this was an OK establishment. SO WRONG. We ended up leaving late the day of my last appt @ Mayo since we couldn't even stomach another night there. Driving 7hrs & arriving home at 3am was better than that. This was by far THE WORST motel/hotel I've EVER experienced, and I've stayed in my share of "budget" motels. This one takes the cake!

Several families also apparently live here. I certainly don't fault the now-residents, but as a result, the place has become a bit "seedy," with people just hanging out at all hours. And the rear parking lot has become "grill out" central and where people repair their cars when necessary (one such repair taking place when we arrived). Again, I don't fault the people that have been forced, likely by the economy, to reside in a motel, however the mgmt needs to maintain a certain level of decorum regarding the 'permanent residents' for those that do not reside there.

Spend the extra $10-$20 if you can and stay at one of the many other hotels in either direction. Your room many not have a stovetop, but you don't want to use THIS one.

The ONLY positive things I can say about this place are the following:
1) good water pressure, 2) consistent hot water, and 3) free wireless internet.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ddbodine
sesjax, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Jacksonville / Baymeadows, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2011

I would like to thank you for bringing to my attention the expierence that you had while staying with us. May I reassure you that we are doing everything we can to make this an enjoyable expierence. It is because of guests like yourself that we become aware of problems. We appreciate guests perspective. Thank you again and out hope is to have a much better place for people to stay.

Reviewed 9 August 2009

I am very impressed with the Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Jacksonville / Baymeadows. I came here and stayed for a week and everything was great...including the service, the room, the price and even the parking. The staff was friendly and went out of their way to help me in any way they could. My bathroom had a malfunction and someone was there to fix it in about 10 minutes. Admittatly, there was only clean-up service once a week, but in an extended stay hotel, that is what you expect. I also wanted to mention that the kitchen area was clean and everything supplied was in very good condition.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
sesjax, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Jacksonville / Baymeadows, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2009

Wanted to thank you for both your great review, but most important the opportunity you gave us to serve your lodging needs! Thank you for that honor!

We are so pleased to know that are staff and room was up to your standards! We take pride in our work and we're thankful that it showed!

Please come back and see us upon your next trip to Jacksonville, we would love to service your needs again!