New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Baymeadows

Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Baymeadows
Ranked #105 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
charlotte, nc
“Welcome to Homeslum Suites”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

Well they keep removing my reviews for publishing the truth about this place so I will just say that the other negative reviews are 100% correct. The convenient location cant make up for the other numerous problems this place suffers. I can tell you that nobody on the staff cares about your peace and security here, doors are slamming round the clock, the maintenance and housekeeping staff go in and out of rooms by dropping the slide latch then banging the doors over and over as they go in and out. I mean who does that? Complaints fall on deaf ears, the worst managed hotel property I have ever seen. Message me if you need more details.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank ghenghis
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Baymeadows, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am eager to respond to your concerns. We strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We recognize that we have failed in that mission. We would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel. We are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotel(sm) other location throughout the U.S. and in Canada. Thank you again.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Savannah, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

Dangerous, frightening, horrible, filthy. I was chased by drunks in the parking lot. Solicited for sex in the halls. Given an already occupied room (TWICE). Finally given a room with a broken TV and no pillows that looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. A filthy cigarette burned blanket was given to me to replace the pillows as the solo staff member on shift couldn't find any. I stayed half an hour and fled. DON'T EVER STAY HERE!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank Worldzeyez24
East Coast
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

This place caters to the Tulsa Welding School students - a rough crowd of guys. Police were there 5 days a week due to fights, drunken brawls and drug dealing; really bad on weekends. No shortage of hookers at times as well. Dog crap everywhere outside and urine soaked carpets. Guests prop open the exterior doors all the time to let transients and non-residents in to get their party favors.

I stayed there over 1 month while looking for an apartment and had to leave suddenly when the students got drunk and threatened to beat me up on several occasions. WiFi doesn't work half the time.

Staff knows about the problems but refuses to do anything or kick out the troublemakers.

STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK !

Room Tip: Best Room is NO Room !
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
6 Thank NASAInstructor
Huntsville, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

This hotel is filthy. As we walked down the hall to our room, the carpet is nasty. Stains galore! I have never stayed at a hotel where you had to take your dity towels to the front desk yourself to exchanged for new ones. When I did take them down, they then told me that they didn't have anymore clean towels at this time. Great value, but remember that you pay for what you get. I will never stay at a Hoestead Hotel or affiliate ever again. This place sucks!!! #onedissapointedcustomer

• Stayed June 2011
4 Thank TheBlkBobbyCox
Bremerton, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2010

We came to Jacksonville to attend "Shrimp Fest" on Alameda Island. This hotel was real well located near down town and the beaches. We liked that our room had a kitchenette so we could make breakfast in the morning, but watch out because making toast can set off the fire alarm in the room. There are also really good resturants nearby. Our favorites were Bono's BBQ, Gators and Chick a fila. It's not a posh hotel and the service was so so, but it had everything for a decent stay. The things I didn't like are that the bed was very hard, not enough pillows and there was a sleight musty smell.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple