All reviews pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness separate sitting area front desk room was clean business trip choice hotels recommend this hotel quiet area hot breakfast great hotel butler blvd very nice stay off the highway mayo clinic jacksonville area good size great customer service
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Me and my husband checked in here on August 31st 2018 for 2 nights, from the lobby you can smell the dirty bathroom next to the elevator and the moment we enter the room smells so awful Idk if it’s the carpet or something else. Smells like an old house that never been cleaned. The ironing board was really dusty and the sofa was full of molds. Our nose got really stuffy that night I guess because of the dust everywhere. Housekeeping person don’t really pay attention in cleaning. You know you can get sick of molds. You guys need to inspect every room you have. So dissapointed.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ysseth E
Jitan K, General Manager at Comfort Suites Baymeadows Near Butler Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear guest,

I am very sorry to hear of the issues you had during your stay at our hotel, it is never our intention for you to feel disappointed. I can assure you we do not have a mold problem at the hotel, however, as you reported at our front desk we did inspect your room and found the AC was not preforming correctly.

Being so hot and humid in Florida, if the AC is not able to remove the humidity from the air it could feel damp in the room and create a musty smell.

We try our best to stay on top of these types of issues, especially during the hot and humid summer months.

As stated above we take great pride in our hotel, we hope you give us a try again.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

The staff at the front desk was nice and accommodated our top floor request. The room leaves a lot to be desired, not the cleanest, every since I walked in the room I’ve had a runny nose. The shower was just barely hot, the bathroom is so small you have to shut the door to get to the toilet and there is poor lighting in there as well. To top it off the air conditioner was on the entire time until we shut the lights off and then it started kicking on and off for a light sleeper and hot natured person this is very frustrating, I called the front desk when I absolutely couldn’t take the heat anymore and they explained that I should cut off the constant fan because that pulls air from the outside so I did that and it continued to do the same thing. He did say that they would make it up to us, the bad thing is that there is no making it up because we didn’t sleep well and we have to work 12 hours today and then drive back to Tampa. Wouldn’t recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Traci G
Jitan K, Owner at Comfort Suites Baymeadows Near Butler Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

I am sorry to hear that you didn't have a pleasant stay with us. We take pride in providing clean and comfortable accommodations and we failed this goal during your recent stay with us. I have forwarded your comment to our housekeeping and maintenance departments and necessary actions have been implemented. I apologize for all the challenges that you have encountered. I hope you will give us another chance.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

The things I liked best about this hotel are: clean room, comfortable bed, microwave and refrigerator in room, quiet, large pool, hot breakfast including eggs, sausage, waffles and even Chobani yogurt.
Things that could be improved: ants were crawling around the pool and many dead ants were floating in the pool, key did not work at door from pool to hotel, so I had to walk all the way around front to get in, the bathroom was pretty tiny with no place to hang towels except a hook on the door. Overall a good experience. I would stay there again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Margaret T
Jitan K, General Manager at Comfort Suites Baymeadows Near Butler Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Thank you for your detailed review. We are happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast while you were here. We have fixed the door issue by the pool and had our Pest Control company to treat the pool area for ants.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

I have a small group that holds educational meetings. I drive up from Orlando for the meetings in Jacksonville and stay the night before. The room rate is incredible for the value we receive. The room has always been clean. (I have stayed more than five times and it is always nice.) It's a small suite but very, very comfortable. The front desk staff is always kind and helpful.

The meeting room is always set exactly as I ask and the price is excellent. They can seat up to 30 in the room on the first floor and Jennifer is especially accommodating. She has rescued me from myself many times.

Overall, this place offers incredible value for the price. It is clean and comfortable. The woman who takes care of stocking the free breakfast is one of the hardest working people I have ever seen.

Big win for my comfort and my meetings!

Room Tip: I have stayed on three of the four floors. I like floor three the best - especially corner rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Jitan K, Owner at Comfort Suites Baymeadows Near Butler Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Thank you for your time submitting a positive review on this website. Repeat guest like you only proves that we are accomplishing our goal in providing clean and comfortable accommodations at a decent price. The hotel was recently renovated and we are constantly updating the soft goods in the rooms. Thank you for your kind words about Jennifer , please know that your comments will be shared her.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

The property was great - a little dated. Bed was comfortable - as always. Check in staff ladies nice. But somewhere in this hotel there is dishonest staff. A $50 item left behind was not returned to lost and found. Front desk clerk did go up to room to check, but he did not find item either. Too bad for this hotel. I won't be back. We were warned ahead of time, but I know the neighborhood and disagreed with this man going in. Now I know why! The room was not used again according to the clerk - so they can't pull "the next guest took it".

Room Tip: Off interstate so ask.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank laleemc
Jitan K, Owner at Comfort Suites Baymeadows Near Butler Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

We tried our best to locate the item that was left behind by this reviewer and it was very unfortunate that it was not found. The hotel is not responsible for any missing or lost items and it is not fair to accuse our staff member. We are sorry to hear that you were not able to retrieve this lost item. On the other hand, it was a pleasure to hear that you found the beds to be comfortable and we appreciate your kind words about the Front Desk ladies.