“Not what I was hoping for”

Jacksonville Landing
Ranked #135 of 180 things to do in Jacksonville
More attraction details
Owner description: Nestled along the gorgeous St. Johns River in Downtown Jacksonville, The Jacksonville Landing is home to year-round entertainment, a wide variety of waterfront dining options and a cozy inside shopping mall all of which are sure to complete an afternoon or evening of fun. For more than 25 years, The Jacksonville Landing has been the spot to stop in downtown Jacksonville. The Landing hosts more than 600 events each year including Florida/Georgia Weekend Celebrations, the annual Christmas Tree Lighting, New Year’s Eve and TaxSlayer Bowl Celebrations, St. Patrick’s Day and July 4th. Weekly events include live weekend entertainment in the center courtyard offering a variety of music including classic rock, oldies, contemporary, jazz, and top 40. The Landing also hosts a myriad of events for the community such as charity walks and runs and the Earth Day Ecology Fair. There is always something going on at The Jacksonville Landing, and a complete list of all Landing events can be found in the events section. Restaurants at The Landing provide a great view of the gorgeous St. Johns River. Visiting each restaurant is like experiencing a different cuisine and a different atmosphere each time you make your way to Downtown Jacksonville. All of the restaurants are open seven-days-a-week for lunch and dinner with the exception of Village Bread Cafe, which is open for breakfast and lunch. The Landing is also home to Mavericks Live, a nightclub which offers a variety of late-night entertainment plus national concert acts for a fun night full of dancing and good times.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Stairs / lift, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I was looking for things to do, read about Jacksonville Landing, and figured that a mall by the water with shops and restaurants would be an awesome place to visit. When I got to Jacksonville and asked someone about it, she said "no, it's not really nice. It's not worth the visit". I was surprised that she didnt recommend it, even though it was a few blocks away and I could see the huge sign beckoning me to check it out. Well, I did and as soon as I got there I understood. It's a mall that has seen its heyday and is now practically empty, except for a few stores and restaurants. I didnt walk that far along the water, but I didnt even notice a nice place to sit outside and take in the views from the water, which is what I was most interested in.

I hope that they will try to revitalize it, because it is in such a great location and could easily be a great tourist attraction with the right combination of local shops and larger chains.

The best thing about my visit was the cookies I bought from Coastal Cookies. Even thought it was the end of the day and they just had a few of a few types of cookies left, the ones I had were so delicious I regretted not getting more!

Jacksonville L, Director of Marketing & Events at Jacksonville Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for visiting the Jacksonville Landing. We're sorry to hear you didn't make it far along the water, you would have been able to enjoy the view of the St. Johns River while dining at one of our restaurants. Additionally, we host free events weekly in which you'd be able to enjoy delicious food and a view while listening to live music. For more information please visit our website.

All reviews
in 38 reviews
"vendors"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is not where everyone was “landing”. I would have thought there would be a huge crowd on a Friday night...so not the case! There was a band playing throwback music, beautiful night, and no one showed up!!! It’s like Jacksonville has forgotten about this place. Still a nice stroll down the riverfront, but not much else. One place I wanted to eat closed at 10pm during the show, and their normal closing hours are 12am!! Go figure. The two stars are for the view only!

Jacksonville L, Director of Marketing & Events at Jacksonville Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Dee, we're sorry to hear you didn't find the crowd you were looking for. For a larger crowd, we recommend you join us during one of our community events, for a full list please visit our website.

Additionally, would you mind letting us know which establishment this was, we'd like to communicate the need to update their hours. Thank you.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

One of the most beautiful photo locations I have seen (I have been to Paris). It takes your breath away. Shame on Jacksonville for letting this destination turn into nothing.They seem to only love it during FL GA football weekend.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited around 11 am and it was deserted. Some of the food court restaurants were open, but we decided to pass on these establishments. Plenty of bars in the area, so it is probably a fun place in the evenings, especially on weekends. Excellent views of the waterfront.

Hey Raymond, we invite you to take a look at our website for a full list of upcoming community events. We hope to see you again soon!

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I think it’s scary here with chance of crime. I would not go back and recommended our company choose somewhere else for a Christmas corporate event.

Hi Paula, we're sorry to hear you were unsatisfied with your experience. Your concerns are very important to us, please feel free to email us at info@jacksonvillelanding.com to discuss further. Additionally, The Jacksonville Landing has security at all hours of the day, every day of the year. If you ever feel unsafe or need to report an incident please call the security line at (904) 353-7575.