All reviewsparking garagebearded pigclose to downtownnice hotelper daythe hotel staffbreakfast buffetstay there againrooms were very cleanpleasant stayeasy accessenjoyed my staystaff was friendlyhgilobbystadiumconcert
Reviewed 13 November 2017

The hotel itself is very nice, but don't be fooled by the advertising for it that say it's in "Downtown Jacksonville". This hotel is not downtown, but located basically in the ghetto. Not what we expected for the price and the way it is advertised. We would have changed hotels if our stay were longer.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
GardenInnJAXMgm, Regional Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Thank you for your feedback U4818ZKkenb,
I love to hear that you think our hotel is very nice, I appreciate it!!! I am sorry that you were disappointed the hotel was not at the location you were looking for, please know that we are not trying to give any misleading information, Downtown Jacksonville is divided by a river and we are in the Southbank, which is the medical district, location of different financial institutions, the center of some museums, the higher rating restaurants are on this side, just to mention a few highlights. I imagine that if you had to go to the Northside, you had to cross under I-95, which is under construction, which doesn't look very appealing and may have given you the "ghetto" impression you mentioned, but in fact, we are next to a locally known high-end residential area of San Marco. If the venue you are looking for is a place like the EverBank Field Stadium or the Landing, which are on the Northside, it is less than 3 miles away by crossing the bridge. I hope this additional information helps for your future travels to our beautiful city, but please feel free to call our team, so they can provide any additional information you may need!
Thank you for staying with us, we hope you come back to see us.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Great hotel and staff! All staff was extremely friendly and responsive even with all rooms being sold out! This is a great place to stay when visiting Jacksonville. Within walking distance of the water taxis.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2017

I only stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for one night, but I was very impressed. The hotel was very clean, and the staff was very kind. Their breakfast was satisfying, and had a lot of variety. The only thing I was unsure of was the firmness of our mattress. My husband loved it, and I ended up having a good night's rest, but I usually would care for one so firm.

I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2017

Very friendly staff, always had a smile on their face and a kind word to say. Treated us like family. Hotel was very clean. Lounge was very comfortable with friendly staff that interacted with everyone whether they were seated in the lounge or walking by.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2017

This hotel worked very well for my business trip. There was a skyway station next to the hotel. This allowed me to get from my hotel to my conference quickly without having to deal with the busy Jacksonville traffic.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business