“Fine for the price”

Magnuson Hotel Jacksonville Downtown
Ranked #103 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Check-in was fast and the clerk even checked my room to be sure there was internet access. (It was - however - poor and I actually connected with the hotel across the street!!). Otherwise the room was clean and the mini-fridge worked well as did the heat (yes, heat!). There is the usual coffee maker, ironing board/iron, & hair dryer available. The breakfast was typical 8 fare - fine with me. Considering the price, I was very happy with the room. DRIVERS BE CAREFUL: - depending on the I-95 SOUTH off ramp you may pass the entrance to the motel. Make a right turn at the next street and go around the block to the entrance/office.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
super8central, Owner at Magnuson Hotel Jacksonville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Thank you for staying with us on your trip to Jacksonville. Your input means a lot to us and I do want to let you know that we have resulted to Wifi problem so you should have no issues with the wireless internet on your next stay with us. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Jacksonville.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Magnuson Hotel Jacksonville Downtown

Reviewed 22 July 2011

The room smelled like urine and there was mold on the carpet by the air conditioner as well as in the bathroom. They gave us keys to 2 different rooms - definitly a security risk. If it had not been so late and we had not been so tired we would have kept driving. The staff was nice but the hotel was aweful!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
super8central, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Jacksonville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2011

Thank you for staying us and I do apologize for the inconvenience you had at our hotel. Because of our humidity in the summer time we make the effort to keep our capets and air conditons clean. We hope you will give us another chance here at our Super 8 next time in Jacksonville.

Reviewed 19 July 2011

My friend and I were on a road trip from South Floriday to NYC and this was one of the hotels we stayed at. It was perfectly fine for what it was, a place to stleep at night. It was not luxurious but it was clean and comfortable. I wouldn't recommend this to someone wanting to stay at the Ritz but its a decent highway hotel. One of the front desk staff was really kind going out of her way to help us out with recommendations for restaurants. I can't remember her name but thanks!

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank aprilS72
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Me and my honey were looking to run away for a long weekend on the beach, and Jacksonville is the closest beach with the best reputation for being quiet and reasonably priced. I booked on the Wyndham site because this hotel was located well for our purpose...when you look at the map. When we got there, it was in the not so wonderful part of town, and when we went into the room, I wanted to leave. When you rent a room in FL, you expect to smell damp carpet, and usually even in newer facilities, mold is somewhere in the room, but this was unbelievable. The room/carpet was not only musty but dirty. The air conditioner whined so loud that we turned it off. The shower walls had soap scum and the grout was covered in dust. My teenaged son keeps house better than they do! Further, we made reservations, so they knew we were coming, yet the fridge wasn't plugged in and the coffee maker was there, but there was no pitcher for it!!!! ?? No, I didn't bother telling the office. When I pay for any service, I want the service, I don't want to move to another room just because the staff won't do their job. I am shocked to find this kind of hotel within the Wyndham chain, they have always represented the unmost in cleanliness service and quality. None of these describe this hotel. On the upside, the sheets were clean and smelled like bleach and there was not any noisy guests. The front desk was very courteous and efficient.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
super8central, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Jacksonville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2011

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had at our hotel. I do wish we could of fix the problem while your stay with us. I have hired a new housekeeping staff to better keep up with our cleanliness on a day to day basis. We usually do not have this issue at our property and do hope you choose to stay with us in the future so you can see that our Super 8 is great place to stay.

Reviewed 3 July 2011

I was there in April for a Masonic Conference. The management team took very good care of us for four days. J was very accomdating and kind to us. This will always be my place to crash when I visit Jacksonville. The breakfast in the lobby really was good.

• Stayed: April 2011