“Perfectly fine hotel for traveling” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Jacksonville Downtown Area

Super 8 Jacksonville Downtown Area
Ranked #101 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Managua, Nicaragua
“Perfectly fine hotel for traveling”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

My friend and I were on a road trip from South Floriday to NYC and this was one of the hotels we stayed at. It was perfectly fine for what it was, a place to stleep at night. It was not luxurious but it was clean and comfortable. I wouldn't recommend this to someone wanting to stay at the Ritz but its a decent highway hotel. One of the front desk staff was really kind going out of her way to help us out with recommendations for restaurants. I can't remember her name but thanks!

Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank aprilS72
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

Me and my honey were looking to run away for a long weekend on the beach, and Jacksonville is the closest beach with the best reputation for being quiet and reasonably priced. I booked on the Wyndham site because this hotel was located well for our purpose...when you look at the map. When we got there, it was in the not so wonderful part of town, and when we went into the room, I wanted to leave. When you rent a room in FL, you expect to smell damp carpet, and usually even in newer facilities, mold is somewhere in the room, but this was unbelievable. The room/carpet was not only musty but dirty. The air conditioner whined so loud that we turned it off. The shower walls had soap scum and the grout was covered in dust. My teenaged son keeps house better than they do! Further, we made reservations, so they knew we were coming, yet the fridge wasn't plugged in and the coffee maker was there, but there was no pitcher for it!!!! ?? No, I didn't bother telling the office. When I pay for any service, I want the service, I don't want to move to another room just because the staff won't do their job. I am shocked to find this kind of hotel within the Wyndham chain, they have always represented the unmost in cleanliness service and quality. None of these describe this hotel. On the upside, the sheets were clean and smelled like bleach and there was not any noisy guests. The front desk was very courteous and efficient.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
super8central, General Manager at Super 8 Jacksonville Downtown Area, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had at our hotel. I do wish we could of fix the problem while your stay with us. I have hired a new housekeeping staff to better keep up with our cleanliness on a day to day basis. We usually do not have this issue at our property and do hope you choose to stay with us in the future so you can see that our Super 8 is great place to stay.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

I was there in April for a Masonic Conference. The management team took very good care of us for four days. J was very accomdating and kind to us. This will always be my place to crash when I visit Jacksonville. The breakfast in the lobby really was good.

• Stayed April 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank simpdog32301
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2011

For the price, the hotel is acceptable. But the surrounding noise from the highway and the idiots peeping horns and slamming doors at 2 am makes it hard to get a good nites sleep. Walls are paper thin. Casual conversations are easily heard. Location is not a great neighborhood.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
super8central, Owner at Super 8 Jacksonville Downtown Area, responded to this review, 23 March 2011
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had at our hotel. Did you inform the front desk about the noise? They could of moved you closer to the frontdesk where its away from the road. We do hope you will choose our Super 8 again where we can make sure your stay is better. I would like to also let you know about The Historic San Marco, that is only blocks away from us. Its a really nice area with Shops and Restaurants. I do recommend going there on your next stay with us. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at (904)396-4090 and ask for Jay or via email at super8central@gmail.com. Thank you for staying at our Super 8 and we look forward to accomodating you on your next visit to Jacksonville.
Brandon, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2011

We stayed two nights for the Gator Bowl. Making, keeping, and getting reservations was not easy. I had a bad feeling and kept calling to confirm reservatoins. First time I called to confrim I was told I didn't have the rooms reserved with a credit card. Second time (the day before leaving) I only had one nights reservation and was supposed to have two. When I got there, I had two rooms, one night and two different confirmation numbers. So far I have not been charged but for one room, two nights. For what we needed the rooms for, they were OK except not very clean. I don't think they swept, mopped or dusted at all. We wasn't expecting a 5 star hotel, just somewhere to sleep. The continental breakfast is what I expected, except they shut it down at 9:00am on weekends, never heard of that. But I can say the staff was very nice and friendly and we didn't have any serious problems. It worked for what we needed it for, just wish it would have been cleaner. And as far as location in relaiton to the stadium, that was AWESOME!!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family