“Great expectations but disappointment again!”
Review of Sideboard

Sideboard
Ranked #6 of 143 Restaurants in Danville
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Danville, California
“Great expectations but disappointment again!”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

The location is great to sit outside in charming downtown Danville on a warm spring day. It has great curb appeal and the staff is polite and friendly. My wife ordered the mac and cheese which was very tasty with a nice toasted crumb crust topping but it was luke warm at best nearly cold. The ahi fish tacos were beautifully presented but the ahi was as dry as the Mojave in August. This is our second visit to the Sideboard. From now on our visits will be limited to the coffee and pastry options.

• Visited April 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Brentwood, California
“Never fails”
Reviewed 8 January 2012

This place is great fun--sit outside and people watch if you can find a table at this ever so popular restaurant. The food is creative and wonderful. I've never been here when the owner was not in attendance. I have a couple of things I love so much that are on the menu that I find it hard to order anything else.

san ramon,ca
“Super! Duper! Yummy!”
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Inside the Old Danville Hotel, sit outside under heat lamps and wool blankies or inside at big wooden tables. It feels like Grannies. The food is so comfort food yummy. The mac and cheese is fantastic with a crusty top. Not a fan of brussel sprouts, but I ate an entire bowl of their roasted ones. Every salad is wonderful and made with fresh local produce. When they make their chili, it is made with Prather Ranch Meat (organic, grass fed, ,) Blue bottle coffe is served. Any dessert you choose is delish, all homemade. A great place to lunch with your gal pals!

• Visited October 2011
Benicia, CA
“Great food, wonderful causal atmosphere”
Reviewed 8 October 2011

What a wonderful little gem of a place. I met with some friends of mine and evidently, this is a place the locals know well. Myself being from out of town, I was pleasantly surprised.

This is a very casual place. One lines up at the front counter and places the order there. There are daily specials on a chalk board. They bring the food to the table when it is prepared. We split some of the starters and had a wonderful bruschetta with fresh heirloom tomatoes on a wonderfully crunchy acme bread. It was out of this world. We also had a simple fresh heirloom tomatoes with fresh (OK, EVERYTHING was fresh) mozzarella cheese. All the dishes were simply prepared and excellently executed.

My friend and I had the gourmet mac and cheese, the best I have ever tasted and my other companion another pasta dish with elbow pasta and some sort of sausage. Suffice it to say, each of us ate every bit of what was served to us. The portions were just right. I didn't feel absolutely stuffed, which I would had the servings been larger as I would have certainly eaten everything placed in front of me. My dinning companions all agreed.

For dessert, we had some wonderful homemade style cookies. Mine was ginger. Nice spicey note and soft and chewy. Just perfect.

Even the ice tea was exemplary. Served in a beautiful tall glass with plenty of ice and a beautiful reddish color. The place is rather small but has tables outside and almost all of them were filled.

This is NOT a white table cloth type of place. Just good down home food, wonderfully prepared with wait staff that were each a delight.

I give this place my highest recommendation. My entree was only $12.00 so the prices were quite reasonable. I think dinner for three was just over $60.

• Visited October 2011
San Francisco, California
“Napa Valley comes to the Tri-Valley”
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Food is scrumptious. Light and delicious homemade scones, muffins, etc. made daily. Sandwiches are flavor packed. Perfectly prepared pastas and salads are made with freshest organic ingredients. White truffle mac & cheese is to die for. Wine selection is good. Heavenly Blue Bottle coffee is made to order. Very clean and relaxed setting (rustic tables both indoors and out on patio. Open early and late.

• Visited August 2011

Been to Sideboard? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK