“Nice, family owned coffee shop”
Review of CoCo Bean Cafe

CoCo Bean Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Grants
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The place doesn't look like the average coffee shop from the outside, but they served a wonderful coffee and had a nice atmosphere once inside. A nice little stop if you're looking for a coffee break!

Reviewed 25 September 2013

CoCo Bean was a little difficult to find since it is off the Main Street. Staff was friendly and my latte was good. They offer breakfast items and varied coffee menu. It is well worth seeking out the location.

Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

The location, possibly it was once a gas station, appears incongruous from the outside. Inside however it is a vast friendly space which works well. Food is perhaps limited although I only had coffee....what expresso. They source beans, roasted, from a local supplier in Albuquerque and its 'European style' strong with no bitterness. Truly special and quite superb. Staff are great, really enthusiastic, and gave me help and ideas with local sightseeing. If you like coffee come here, the interstate detour (near historic Route 66) is simple and there is a gas station just opposite.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

When you think of a cafe you think of what you might find a al "Friends" or a Starbucks. CoCo Bean is very basic but it is in Grant, NM and a bit out of the way and easily missed, but it was very worth it for a great cup of coffee, friendly staff, and one of their limited sweets. It go again! The rating is because it is so limited, not because of the staff, coffee, or pastry. Good to support a great effort in the wilderness of Western NM!

Reviewed 4 January 2013

We stopped at this little gem on a drive from AZ to CO. We had skipped getting coffee in Gallup, and couldn't wait until Albuquerque. Coco Bean Cafe came up in Google Maps, so we decided to give it a try. I'm so glad we did!

They make a wonderful latte, and their customer service is beyond amazing. When I asked if they had any milk substitutes (which I have learned is not always the case in New Mexico), they said they do carry soy milk but only had a little bit left, not enough for a latte. I was fine with that, but after my husband asked where they buy their soy milk, one of the baristas jumped in her car to go get some for me! She returned with organic soy milk about 10 minutes later and made me a delightful latte.

Aside from coffee, they have a nice looking menu of sandwiches, which we did not try. Our son had a pumpkin spice muffin that he loved, and we grabbed a few bags of natural potato chips. They had other pastries as well, which all looked lovely.

Even though Coco Bean Cafe is a few miles off of I-40, it's worth the detour. Support this local coffee shop if you can!

1  Thank hmizia