All reviews loyalty program jennie wade house great location within walking distance free breakfast breakfast sandwich room was clean sausage gravy place to stay in town waffles top floor parking lot street noise late check bike week cemetery hill
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We spent four days in Gettysburg for Bike Week and couldn't have picked a better place to stay!

Everything was perfect - from the quick check in, safe parking, extremely clean rooms (and I am VERY picky about this), friendly staff and adequate breakfast.

We originally booked a king room and two days before arrival I found out that the king rooms were in the back of the hotel so I called and asked for a front room - all were sold out - but was told that they would keep us in mind for any cancellations. When we arrived we were told that yes, there were cancellations and we could have a front room - the best view for people/bike watching. We had the best time and having the perfect hotel only added to it.

Our room was next to the elevator/ice machine but we never heard any noise from either of them (I have stayed in other hotels and the noise of the elevator has kept me up all night). Yes there was some street noise but it was bike week - to be expected - and honestly it was fun listening to the roar of the bikes going up and down the street. But this noise usually quieted down by midnight so no problems sleeping.

We can't wait to come back for Bike Week 2013 - making reservations shortly - and hopefully bringing a few friends with us!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
normajean16, General Manager at 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our housekeeping staff does a great job! They know how important it is to provide our visitors with a clean, comfortable room. Bike Week is always fun! We have the perfect location to watch the parade. The staff does their best to honor special requests. We want all of our guests to have a good time and we do everything we can to make sure that happens! When you come back next year you may want to sign up for our Loyalty Program for repeat guests-great savings! Thank you again for the review! We always like to hear that we have exceeded our guests expectations! See you next year!

Reviewed 16 July 2012

This was my third stay at the 1863 Inn of Gettysburg. I have had a positive experience each time. It was this last time that I need to comment on. When checking in I mentioned to the manager that I liked the Inn of Gettysburg on Facebook. Upon saying this I was given a nice discount. This only helped enhance my visit. The location is everything. The room was nice and clean. Breakfast was the best. I can't say enough good things.

Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Oh my goodness! Thank you so very much for the post! I love to hear our hotel described as "Awesome"!!! We do our best to make sure that each guest enjoys their time with us. Our rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff is always there to help in anyway they can. Our Free "Rise and Shine" Breakfast offers a huge selection-in fact we recently added fresh baked donuts from Luke's Grill here in town! When you walk in and smell those donuts it will ruin you! We realize that folks can be a bit nervous about staying at a hotel that does not have a franchise. This makes us work even harder to make your stay a great one! Thank you again for the wonderful review! Hope you can visit with us on a future trip to Gettysburg!

Reviewed 13 July 2012

First time staying here. Very nice hotel. I was impressed. Clean comfy room, loved the workout room, great free breakfast. Just slightly out of our usual price range, but a nice treat for a change.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your visit with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The location of the hotel can't be beat-just park your car and walk to mostly all of the attractions! Our Free "Rise and Shine" Breakfast is a great way to start your day-no reason to walk away hungry! The selection is wonderful-hot and cold items. Our fitness room is not the biggest around but it does have the basic equipment that you need to get a good work out during your visit. We hope that you will join us again if you are back this way. Gettysburg is a great little town with much to offer. Have a wonderful Summer!

Reviewed 12 July 2012

We had a very pleasant stay at the 1863 Inn of Gettysburg. The two rooms that we booked were adjoining and on the 5th floor, with a pretty view of the mountains. The hotel is located right in town, so you can park your car and walk to many attractions and restaurants.(there is ample parking as well) The rooms were spacious, with a nice large bathroom. The only complaint I have about the hotel is that the beds are only double beds and they were not very comfortable, other than that, our stay was wonderful. The rooms were clean, the pool was great, the staff was friendly, the breakfast was good and the location was excellent. Also, my sister has a membership and we got our room at a discounted rate. I will definitely stay there again.

Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Thank you for th review. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our rooms are very spacious and well appointed. Unfortunately 2 Queen size beds in the rooms would take up too much space. We feel that it would be too crowded Therefore we have 2 full size double beds. We do offer rooms with a king bed as well. The location of the hotel is such a plus. It is so easy to park and walk to the attractions. We offer a very nice selection with our Free "Rise and Shine" Breakfast. The program that your sister joined is our Loyalty Program. It does save you a ton of money. It is our way of saying thank you to our repeat guests! We are gearing up for very exciting season next year-150th Anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg. Hopefully you will may able to join us. It would be our pleasure! Have a wonderful Summer and thank you again for thr great review!

Reviewed 11 July 2012

This hotel has a fantastic location. We could have walked to virtually every tourist attraction in the city of Gettysburg. Basically, the Inn has all the comforts and amenities of higher-end chain hotels without the franchise attached. Our room was huge, very clean, had a microwave and fridge, and free wireless. The employees were all friendly, from housekeeping to management. I gave it five stars because for what we paid we were very satisfied. It's not a five-star luxury hotel, but I would stay there again and recommend it to anyone. My only complaint was that the mattress (4th floor, king-size bed) needs to be replaced, BUT, I was extremely impressed that it had an allergy-safe cover on it that would also protect against bed-bugs. I don't know why more hotels don't have these. I'm sure they're expensive but they're also extremely sanitary. Stay at the 1863 Inn. It's a stress-free experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Thank you for telling us about your visit. We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We decided to drop our franchise almost 3 years ago and it was a wise decision. We still provide all the extras that the franchise hotels do at a very resonable rate. Our rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. We know how important it is to stay competitive with those "big name" hotels. I do apologize for the mattress. I will check into that. I am glad that you noticed the mattress and box spring cover. They were well worth the price. They provide that extra peace of mind. We hope that you will join us again if you are ever back this way. We would love to be your "Gettysburg Address" when you are in town! Have a wonderful Summer!