“Updates to Comfort Inn”

Quality Inn & Suites in Gettysburg
Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed 2 December 2011

My husband and I were pleased to see that the Comfort Inn in Gettysburg has been fixed up. Our room had new carpet, curtains, heater/ac, TV, furniture, phone, etc. It was very nice. Two slight problems- the showerhead was supposed to have different jets, but when I turned it, nothing happened and the toilet could have been cleaner. But we were happy with the room. The pool was a different story. The entire room smelled of a chemical, not chlorine. The pool was chilly and it always has been. The hot tub jets were a waste of time and the surface had been painted, so it was slippery and I almost fell. They sent an email asking for a review and they only allow 256 caracters in the comment box, so I couldn't say everything I wanted to. 256 doesn't go very far. Also, when we checked in I asked for a late check out. We are supposed to be entitled to it with Choice Priviledge membership. I was told noon. It used to be 2 PM. I asked again the next day (we stayed two nights) and was told between 1 and 2 PM. I don't know why I got different answers. Even with the minor problems I would recommend the Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: I always ask for the second floor and back of the building.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 November 2011

This was a great place to unwind after a day of touring the battlefields of Gettysburg. The woman at the front desk was very friendly and helpful with our check-in. I traveled with my wife and 9 year old sons and we had a great time. The only flaw was that the hot tub was being serviced at the time of our stay, but other than that, we had a pleasant one-night stay. The boys enjoyed the pool, and I enjoyed their complimentary breakfast. Everything was stocked even though we visited in the middle of the week and well out of season. Our family usually stays at a Hampton Inn when we travel, but this Comfort Inn was affordable and well within the sites of Gettysburg. The next time we visit Gettysburg, we will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank raw729
Reviewed 5 November 2011

My husband travels with his job. We also go on two or three vacations each year. Comfort Inns have always historically been our first choice. That is no longer the case after our brief stay at the Comfort Inn in Gettysburg. We checked in the evening of October 30th and my husband went to run a quick errand while I unpacked before going to dinner. I opened the closet to hang a few things and there on the floor of the closet was a washcloth with feces on it. It quite frankly appeared that someone wiped their backside with it several times and threw it on the closet floor. Let me make it clear that it was not hidden in any way - simply laying in plain sight. I slammed the door and called the front desk. An apologetic girl at came to get it immediately. She offered to switch our rooms. I let her know that since we'd booked a 3-night stay, I expected that night to be complimentary. She said she would not be able to reach a manager but would leave notes for the front desk manager and hotel manager who would be in at 7am and 9am respectively. I spoke with my husband and called the front desk to see if she'd reached a manager. She again stated that she would be unable to speak with them but had written the notes to leave for them. I told her that I was quite certain she had contact numbers for a manager and that unless we could get confirmation that that night would be free, we would be leaving the hotel. She walked the notes down the hall to show me (???). I told her that I appreciated it but would need to hear from a manager that evening, that we were leaning towards leaving, and that I assumed at the very least we would not be charged for that night if we left the hotel. "Oh no, you WILL be charged for tonight because you checked in." I told her that we most assuredly would not have checked in if we'd known there would be a feces-covered washcloth in the closet. That was our breaking point. The complete lack of customer service was ridiculous. As my husband walked through the lobby, the girl at the front desk was on the phone (apparently with a manager whose contact information she *did not have*) saying, "I'll see if they'll go for it." What were we offered? $10 off each night of our 3-night stay. We packed up and as my husband returned the key, we were told that we would not, in fact, be charged for that night. I expected my husband to receive a phone call from the manager the next day apologizing for what happened but he heard nothing. We visit Gettysburg yearly and have friends who travel there often. We could never, ever recommend this hotel not only because of the poor housekeeping but moreso because they have management who are too busy to spend a moment on the phone to try and save a relationship with their customers. Try the Wyndham. We had a fabulous stay there.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kfc1206
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Great stay here (6 nites) ! Staff friendly, and very helpful (even went out of their way to assist) ! Breakfast offered was great (coffee & tea always on) Rooms very clean and safe. Heated Pool was super. Easy access off the road. Beautiful, picturesque area, Great places to dine, tons of historical sites & tours, museums. Filled with history, interesting shops. Staff knowledgable about area and very helpful with directions.

Room Tip: Had friends staying in other rooms-all seemed quiet & restfull
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank sarasue
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We came to Gettysburg to do some touring of the Battlefield. Many of my friends recommended this hotel, so we stayed here. Best breakfast, I must say, out of many hotels I've stayed at. Staff was very friendly, informative and made us feel like family. Staff gave us excellent directions and recommendations for restaraunts and tours. Room was clean and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is coming to Gettysburg!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family