“Our first B&B!”

Ranked #4 of 23 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
westtown
“Our first B&B!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

We were invited by Inn Keepers, Kenny & Judy, to "Ghost Hunt" for the wknd at their warm, exceedingly clean, and perfectly located B&B in Gettysburg, Pa. The "Ghost Hunting Adventure" was the perfect bday lure for my previously "anti-B&B" husband. Because the Inn was so close, yet so quietly tucked away, from all of the quaintness of Historic Gettsyburg, the battlefied, as well as numerous other attractions, both my husband and I were very happy with the Inn's location. He could ghost hunt, I could shop, and we could dine 5mins away in town, then return to enjoy peaceful sleep in the tranquility of their beautiful property and gardens. We were snuggled in soft and lush bedding during our quiet, restfu nights. Upon awakening, we were spoiled by Kenny's :), I mean Judy's, multi-course breakfasts. Be sure to request the baked peaches with granola. Sometimes the simplest recipe can be the most delicious & memorable bite of the day! And send a "Hello" from Westtown to Connie, our dining Hostess with the Mostess!! We were fortunate to spend our wknd with multiple very friendly folks, which really made our stay fun. We shared great company around a roaring fire pit, as well as interesting chats on the patio. ( I was so disappointed to be too early for the wisteria bloom, as the vine covers the entire trellis roof.) Yet, when we desired an afternoon book or a bottle wine with some delicious cheese and bread, we had privacy, with the exception of the ghostly stares, of course!
Kenny & Judy are welcoming, dedicated Inn Keepers, who have a great sense of humor, as well as an intense desire to provide excellent customer service. I am so very grateful that I chose the Baladerry Inn as our first B&B experience. My husband, the critic, now looks forward to future B&B adventures with the next being a return visit to the Baladerry Inn to visit our new friends, Kenny, Judy, & Connie. Here's wishing your stay at the Baladerry is as memorable as was ours. I can't wait to schedule a Ladies' Wknd with my friends! Lori from Westtown, Pa

Room Tip: If you desire the convenience of the beverage station, as well as access to comfortable lounging, th...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
New Castle, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Just got home from three days at the Baladerry Inn, a very nice Bed and Breakfast just far enough out of town but not to far. We really enjoyed the wonderful hosts we had, Kenny and Judy are FANTASTIC!! Breakfast and Dinner were great!! The place was very clean. Your not very far from the battle field or town and your only about 5 minutes from the Visitor Center which is a "must due" on your trip to Gettysburg. For a Bed and Breakfast the rooms are very large. There are no TV's in the rooms but there is one in the common area that you are welcome to use, you really don't need a TV in your room with everything there is to see and do in Gettysburg. Several Keurigs are available with a variety of drinks and a frig in the common area stocked with cold drinks for those hot days. We will definitly be back!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Bexley, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

I have stayed at many bed and breakfasts and this was far and away the best experience I have had in one. It was the quintessential bed and breakfast in combining the charm of a historic place while also being very cozy and providing every modern amenity.
You are never sure what to expect at bed and breakfasts and I was blown away by everything about the Baladerry. Every room was spotless and completely comfortable and they even had a pristine hot tub overlooking the woods. I can be a bit obsessive about cleanliness and I couldn’t find a single thing that had been missed during my entire stay. Judy and Kenny both went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. They gave us our space, but there were there if we needed anything. They had numerous snacks and beverages sitting out all of the time and were a pleasure to speak to. The breakfast they made was outstanding and especially enjoyable in the cozy dining area.

As an example of how outstanding they are: While we were there my brother used the screen door handle to get onto the patio and accidentally broke it. Kenny said it was no problem and within the hour he went to the store to get a new handle and installed it.

All of this for an extremely reasonable price, even compared to other bed and breakfasts in the area. I cannot recommend the Baladerry more highly. Thank you Judy and Kenny for a wonderful experience!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

Just returned from Baladerry Inn B&B. What a great experence! Perfect setting, wonderful food, clean and comfortable accomodations, friendly and caring hosts. The Great Room, with its welcoming fireplace and comfortable surroundings, is an ideal gathering place. I look foward to my next visit.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

My husband and I just returned from a stay at the Baladerry Inn, and we couldn't have asked for better! The hosts are gracious and friendly, the rooms are cozy and clean, and the food is DELICIOUS! Everything about the inn is warm and inviting. We're so glad we came here for our anniversary, and hope to return with family in the near future.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple