Colton Motel
James Gettys Hotel(Gettysburg)
Gettysburg Hotel(Gettysburg)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewswithin walking distanceroom was cleanvisited gettysburgin townpleasant staymemorial day weekendbrendaattractionsbattlefield
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2011

I can't say enough about how unpleasant this establishment is. This motel is awful. I would never want to represent, work, or even been seen at this place again. This place is a total dump. I don't understand how places like these still exist. I'm here on business and the company got a real good deal on the roach motel. That doesn't say much about the company I work for. I got stuck with the drunk construction guys next door and some visiting tourist from England. Lets just say there were some interesting conversations.From what I watched and gathered. This motel allows extended stays. I'm not talking four or five days. I'm talking about four or five months! So, if your looking for a cheap stay look no further. The Colton has it all. Cheap beds, t'.v. with no remote. No iron, no ironing board, Carpet that looks like it hasn't been scrubbed in ages. Walls and a shower tub I wouldn't even begin to think about touching or using. If your looking to get more bang for your depreciating dollar this is your place. Enjoy your stay they say as you walk out of their office and they are laughing because they got you!

Room Tip: spend the extra money for a better room.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank Outdoorphotoman
Reviewed 1 December 2010

Stayed here Remembrance Day weekend for $149. per night. Only reason to pay this much is because of the location. Much better choices for less money around the town. In fact the manager tried to raise the price while I was settling the bill, apparently it is going to be higher next year. Old, old rooms need severe upgrading, didn't see any bugs but we did check for them.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank David W
Reviewed 29 November 2010

This is a great hotel within walking distance of many sights in Gettysburg. It was very clean and affordable. It is not as modern or updated as a chain hotel but for the price we have no complaints. The staff, especially Cheryl, were very polite and helpful. We would go back again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2010

Do not confuse the Colton with Three Crown Budget. These rooms are clean, modest, bug free with the friendly staff you could ever want. I traveled alone with an electric scooter. The staff was right there to help me unload and re-load the scooter, made sure I could charge it and placed me in an easy access room. In 3 days, NOT ONE BUG. The staff treat you as family, talk with you, answer questions and go the extra mile to make you feel at home.I already booked for next year and will be back again and again.

The owner of the 3 Crowns and the Colton should consider reinvesting a few bucks to up date the Colton a little. It would be a real gem.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2010

We had made reservations at the 3 Crowns Budget Host Hotel, which is within walking distance of this motel. They lost our reservations, and since both motels are owned by the same company, they got us rooms at the Colton. The motel is older, and in desperate of new paint and furnishings. The towels were very thin and rough to the touch. It was not clean, and we had problems with bugs coming into the rooms (we took care of at least 10 large stink bugs), we complained and were told that nothing could be done about the problem, and to put a towel next to the door to block the bugs from coming in. We come down every year, and will no longer be staying at either motel. This place as terrible, and would never recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family