“Plenty of variety and excellent sushi!”
Review of Ping's Cafe

Ping's Cafe
Ranked #58 of 131 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Price range: US$ 14 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2017

Our family enjoys stopping here a few times a year for meals or even a snack. Several of us love sushi and, although we are not experts, we think it compares very well with other restaurants we have been to in the U.S. and Asia. The green bubble tea and the Thai iced tea are favorite drinks. We've been many times and enjoyed many dishes. No complaints. The wait staff have always been prompt, courteous, and friendly; and we love the atmosphere. Parking is on the street and is $1.00 per hour.

1  Thank dctraveler1996
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Ping's Cafe

Reviewed 1 July 2017

I don't know what was worse, the service or the food. The best part about the experience was the crackers and duck sauce. I asked our waitress if the egg drop soup was vegetarian. I explained several ways that I was concerned about wether or not it was made with chicken broth. She had no idea what I was trying to say but finally she said no but I took one bite and it was clearly made with chicken broth. My main meal was so spicy I took a couple bites and couldn't finish it. We waited a really long time for her to take our payment. Overall it was a disappointing experience and I wouldn't go back.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

This was once of our very favorite places to go to when we lived in Gettysburg and we've been so so anxious and hankering for our old favorites from here for several years now so when I had the opportunity to visit again we were very very exited! However, it would seem obvious that there is a different cook/chef than there was approximate 9 - 10 years ago and our favorites were not the same. The Chicken & Eggplant Pot lacked the same 'Punch' and flavor that it once had, the eggplant was now battered, the chicken in larger strips, and it just wasn't as good. My wife is a big Pork Fried Rice person and Ping's was always her favorite, but not now. It was OK, but again, not what she remembered it to be. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad, just average, and not the exceptional food that we had remembered it to be.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

Our family has been to Ping's Cafe many times over the years. The food has always been average and kept us returning. On our last visit nothing went right. When we arrived we could tell that they had been busy, our hostess (a very nice girl) sat us but in the hustle, did not bring us menus. We sat for about 10 minutes and no one came to our table to offer menus or get a drink order. We got up and asked for menus, the owner brought us our menus without saying anything. We then sat for another 10 minutes before the waitress came to us to ask us for our drink and food order. We mentioned that we had been waiting for 20 minutes and the young waitress just giggled about it. When we got our drinks, they were in tiny glasses. Our waitress said all of the the tall, regular glasses were dirty. Because of this, most of our meal, we sat with empty glasses as our waitress was not very attentive.

Typically, when a customer is seated, the staff bring this delicious complimentary bowl of wonton strips and sauce. Those were not offered to us, though other tables around us had them. When we received our food, it was good. Unfortunately, the serving size were much smaller than we have had in the past. We usually have a couple take-out boxes to take home. Both of us easily finished our food and had no leftovers to take home.

When we were originally seated, there was a large party beside us, they had just finished their starters. They did not receive their food until after we received our starter and meals. We overheard them contemplating walking out but ultimately stayed. They had several children in their party who were getting restless.

After we received our bill ($39), we walked up to the hostess station to pay and there was a line of folks waiting to be seated. We then proceeded to wait nearly five minutes to pay our bill, which was frustrating. There were many aspects of our experience that would have been easily excused if the flaws were acknowledged by any of the staff. It was clear that a lot of things were going wrong and they were overwhelmed, yet, no one apologized for any of the issues we or our neighbors had. We will probably not be returning to Ping's after this experience.

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

We ate here after a suggestion from our hotel and after reading reviews. It's a quaint little restaurant by the "square". There was only 1 other couple when we went in so I was a little concerned. I order the egg drop soup which is some the best I have ever had! The food came out so quickly I had not even half finished the soup. I ordered the chicken fried rice which I thought was delicious My husband ordered the General Tsos chicken which he said tasted more like a sweet and sour... I find different Chinese food does often vary so that's one reason I stick with a basic. Overall the
Food was very good and I would definitely go back!