Gibson's Photographic Gallery
Review Highlights
Picture yourself

I enjoyed talking to the friendly owner/photographer and had fun dressing up!! Excellent quality... read more

Reviewed 3 October 2018
gstringer73
Portsmouth, Ohio
This was one of the most amazing things I've ever done

My fiancé and I could not have had a more amazing experience. The atmosphere was fun and... read more

Reviewed 8 April 2018
Charlie M

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Gettysburg
from US$ 8.95
More Info
from US$ 35.00
More Info
All reviews tin type entire process the civil war era amazing experience camera costumes period photographed sepia tyme equipment hat
Reviewed 29 November 2016

Having a photo made was so much fun to do because the whole process was fascinating. This is no digital camera stuff. This is the real deal like they used back in the 1800's with the chemical process and plate glass or tin-type photo. Rob works his magic and within a few minutes you have an authentic piece of art creation right before your very eyes. He even provides the period costumes and accessories to complete your look.

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

We had the pleasure of being photographed by Mr Gibson. He was very patient with us and my little one. He explained the process and gave us options. He went through the costumes with us and helped us get dressed. We had the options of confederate or Union or civilian. I had an option of day dress or ball gown. He gave the boys weapons and me a shawl. He gave us our positions as we started the shoot. We had to stay still for 18 sec. I think my little one may have moved so he took another one just to make sure we were completely satisfied. He let us understand and watch the wet plate process. He loves his job and is very knowledgeable. Its $85 for the tin plate, $10 for a little card, $25 for a cd. It's worth a souvenir. It's such a great experience!

Date of experience: November 2016
1  Thank archlav
Reviewed 4 October 2016

This was an experience in a lifetime well worth the money to walk away with a piece of art. Rob is very flexible just a phone call away he will open up his shop. He is a personable ,excellent photographer and a teacher explaining the process. The picture is processed on a tin plate as your negative then can be made to any size yoi wish. Fred and I have victorian decor in our home so we had Rob make a 12x16 beautifully matted with a rich antiquish dark frame. He picked out our outfits Fred looked like a pretigious well to do man dressed in white shirt silk bow tie long black tailored coat, walking stick ,the bowl hat and to finish it off with an antique pocket watch haning out if his pocket. I myself dressed in a victorian gold ball gown a shawl draped over the dress with the hoop underneathhair pulled back and a velvet black choker band around my neck. So much fun we felt like we were back in time 1800s. I would highly recommend this has one of your stops in Gettysburg a memory of a lifetime. Rob is not the average run of the mill photographer but a man that has love of that period of time and the appreciation of the 1800's photography of the real process that was used. Thank you Rob I love this picture can't ever be just a souvenier from a gift shop!!,

1  Thank HEATHER L
Reviewed 30 September 2016

A visit to Mr. Gibson's studio is a truly unique experience. Mr. Gibson is a professional and he will work with you to achieve your goal for the photograph. The authentic 1860's camera and equipment along with Rob's experience and eye for detail will provide you with a one of a kind keepsake. In addition, Rob explains and demonstrates the wet-plate process.

Reviewed 10 September 2016

You HAVE to go here if you're going to be in Gettysburg! Robert Gibson has been doing this for a long time, he's a professional who's even been to the White House to take his unique photos! He uses an authentic 1860s camera and shows you every step of the process. He is committed to authenticity, he picks out correct clothing, jewelry, and how to wear your hair. I even wore 1860s eyeglasses! This was the coolest, most fun thing I did in Gettysburg and definitely a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

1  Thank 17sheridans