“Delish ice cream, great prices, friendly staff!”
Review of Mr. G's Ice Cream

Mr. G's Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 14 Dessert in Gettysburg
Price range: US$ 2 - US$ 4
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Mr. G's Ice Cream is located in the historic John Winebrenner house in Gettysburg Pennsylvania. Battle scarred by bullets on the south side of the building and reportedly haunted by spirits of the past, Mr. G's offers delicious homemade and soft serve ice cream. Stop in and try one of our homemade waffle cones and enjoy the ambience of this historic Gettysburg building
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Delish ice cream, great prices, friendly staff! I got a scoop of Girl Scout thin mint ice cream that I found an almost whole cookie in! lol They also had soft serve available.

Old fashioned game outside with a ring on a string and a hook you had to try to get the ring to catch on the hook....we couldn't do it...lol, but a young boy there did! Beautiful old well and public bathrooms available around the side of the building (you need to ask for the key.)

This was our last stop on our trip to Gettysburg, what a lovely way to end a great weekend!

Reviewed 25 April 2012

What a treat! I'm ready to drive 3 hours again just to taste this fantastic ice cream.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Mr. G's is the place for excellent ice cream. Friendly staff who aren't afraid to dish the 'cream. Good value.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

Great ice cream for a great price in a nice atmosphere. The waffle cones are also worth mentioning.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

My wife and I had ice cream at Mr. G's. When we got our ice, we went outside to enjoy it. As we sat and ate, I noticed a well. As I went over to look at it, the owner, Mr. G told me how when he bought the building, they did a lot of remodeling. When a piece of granite was moved outside, they discovered a well that had been sealed up since the civil war. He also showed us a cross section of a tree that he acquired from a friend. When the tree was cut, he discovered a bullet from the civil war. What an opportunity to learn. We stopped for delicious ice cream and got and also got a history lesson.

3  Thank Curly1930