“What a blast!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Victorian Photography Studio
Ranked #1 of 5 Fun & Games in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Whether you want to capture your family's precious vacation or get striking Civil War images , Victorian Photography Studio can make it happen with our extensive Civil War Wardrobe . You can count on us to deliver what we promise. -We offer 19th century Wet-Plate photography with a short hisory lesson on how the process was done. -We also offer the less expensive modern Digital photography.and Now you can rent Civil War clothing for any occasion.Come on in and see some 19th century cameras and props.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
So Plainfield
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“What a blast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

We were meeting friends in Gettysburg and wanted a special momento. I made on line reservations the day before we left, which was incredibly easy on their web site. Even though we had two separate pictures taken, they allowed us all to be together during both sessions. The owner was so friendly and funny and helpful, they even style the women's hair to look like the civil war period. Everyone there was great, and for digital photos, there's virtually no wait; they're done and printed on card stock paper in sepia by the you're dressed! The prices are very reasonable too. HUGE BONUS: they're pet friendly!!! Even our dog had a ball! We will definitely be back the next time we're in Gettysburg!

Visited August 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Lords Valley, Pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Gettysburg Trip #1”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

We went there as a result of reviews on tripadvisor. We scheduled an appt with Tess the day before. She was just wonderful as she dressed us for our photo from the Civil War Era. It was more than just a "photo appt". It was like a delightful visit with old friends. Tess and Del were so very kind and friendly. We were blessed to have met them. And, of course, the photos were amazing!

Stony Brook, New York
“Perfect and better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

There are 4 of these types of "olde" photography places in Gettysburg and I keep saying, "It was a God-thing" because the family I met on my vacation, the wife said 3 times to me the name of the place, and it was funny because before I left for Gettysburg a few days ago, I thought about going there from Trip Advisor. Turns out the actor, "Andy Bernard" from THE OFFICE, went there along with other cast members while shooting in 2011, an episode of THE OFFICE in Gettysburg.

The husband and wife are sooo friendly. They're very professional when they talk to you. Aside from swapping emails, I wasn't expecting to go on a vacation and actually become friends with people and I mean FRIENDS friends, not like, "Oh, those people were nice." The prices are excellent and the props and costumes are ALL real clothes they wore in the 1860's and the cameras are the same from that era. I'm going again and I keep telling everyone I run into, to go. Also, check out the cool business cards in the front of the store. One is from a movie company which is excellent 180Movie.com check it out after you read this.

Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of a kind experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

This was my first time to ever have an authentic Civil War style photograph taken. I will definitely come back for several reasons. First and foremost, the owners, Del and Tish, were incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. They were very easy to talk to and made the whole experience quite enjoyable. The next reason I will be sure to return is that the end result is a one of a kind tintype that looks exactly like I walked into the 19th century, because it was made using the exact methods that were used in the 1850's and 60's. For such a one of a kind treasure the prices were very reasonable, which is another reason I will be returning. In a day and age of digital photography it is very interesting and refreshing to step back in time and get an appreciation of where photography evolved from. What a great educational experience!

1 Thank Art T
Lakeville, Massachusetts
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Real Pros!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

Del and Tish the owners were great. The Mrs. and my daughter stopped in on day one of our trip. They checked everything out talked to the folks there and set up an appointment for the four of us the following day. We got there a little early, Tish took us upstairs got the girls dressed hair and all then took care of me and my son. She posed us in the manor of that time (Civil War) took one shot on her digital camera showed it to us all. It was a very nice camera with a big LCD screen. She zoomed in on all the faces and things that mattered to my wife and daughter; they said they were thrilled so we took off our costumes and headed for lunch across the street. When we returned we were shown the finished portrait. Everyone was thrilled and we said our good byes. Time and money well spent!

Final note they save the digital image so you can order a different size when you get home if needed.

Visited July 2012