“Great Photograph!”

Victorian Photography Studio
Ranked #1 of 7 Fun & Games in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Whether you want to capture your family's precious vacation or get striking Civil War images , Victorian Photography Studio can make it happen with our extensive Civil War Wardrobe . You can count on us to deliver what we promise. -We offer 19th century Wet-Plate photography with a short hisory lesson on how the process was done. -We also offer the less expensive modern Digital photography.and Now you can rent Civil War clothing for any occasion.Come on in and see some 19th century cameras and props.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift, Activities for older children
Purcellville, Virginia, United States
“Great Photograph!”
Reviewed 30 May 2012

When I arrived at the shop shortly before my appointed time, I was greeted by a young man in period clothing. I did all the necessary paperwork and payments ahead of time, and then we were ready to head into the photography room. They did a great job helping me pick out the perfect uniform and accessories. I decided to get a wet plate done, and so they spent time explaining the history of the process, and each step as they went along. The whole thing only took 30 minutes, with the exception of the drying process which took another hour. However, I was able to come back the next day to pick up my photo since I did not want to wait. I have already recommended Victorian Photography Studio to several of my friends, and would suggest that you add this to your list of things to do while in Gettysburg.

Visited May 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Grantville, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is a must do on your trip!”
Reviewed 29 May 2012 via mobile

We are a plus sized same sex couple and we were nervous about the clothes not fitting and maybe of them being weird by us wanting to hold hands or lock arms. They were so nice and professional. We had so much fun being dressed up! I would strongly encourage everyone to visit this husband and wife team! Fantastic!

1 Thank Littleolamy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The costumes were great and the photographer was the friendliest person we met on our trip.”
Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

1 Thank meironman009
Hickory, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Photography”
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We had so much fun dressing in period attire for a picture. The staff was warm and welcoming. This is something you want to do.

Culpeper, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Our weekend visit to PA was absolutely wonderful & having our first ever professional photograph taken by Victoria Photography was quite the treat. There was plenty of excitement & fun before the photo was taken as well as when it was time to pick them up. We couldn't wait to get home & find a place for our new photograph, we looked quite the part, including our 5 month old. Thank You Victorian Photography, we hope to see you guys again soon!