New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Victorian Photography Studio
Ranked #1 of 5 Fun & Games in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Whether you want to capture your family's precious vacation or get striking Civil War images , Victorian Photography Studio can make it happen with our extensive Civil War Wardrobe . You can count on us to deliver what we promise. -We offer 19th century Wet-Plate photography with a short hisory lesson on how the process was done. -We also offer the less expensive modern Digital photography.and Now you can rent Civil War clothing for any occasion.Come on in and see some 19th century cameras and props.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift
tabernacle
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Makes you believe you lived a hundred years ago.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

Fabulous time.well worth your time & $ My son, daughter, and husband thought it was fun and talk about it still. What a great experience. They were the best with answering questions and helping us into outfits. Exceptional..a must do!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Washington DC, District of Columbia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Good People, Great Quality and a Unique Souvenir.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

I took my Civil War obsessed boyfriend to Gettysburg for his birthday and as soon as he saw the Victorian Photography Studio, I knew we had to try it out.

There are a ton of 'Old Timey Photo' places there, but the Victorian Photography Studio is unique in so many ways. Not only do they offer a costumed portrait experience, but they also offer ambrose types (not sure how this is spelled), where the image is actually developed on a piece of tin or glass.

This is the REAL DEAL! Del and Trish are awesome, extremely courteous and knowledgeable. I highly recommend paying them a visit for a one-of-a-kind photograph from your trip to Gettysburg!

Visited September 2011
2 Thank Elizabeth G
North Ridgeville, Ohio
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 141 helpful votes
“SO MUCH FUN!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

Del and Trish--what a delightful, sweet, fun, blessed, pair!! They were a true joy to work with. I researched stuff to do prior to our trip to Gettysburg and found this place and promptly made an appointment. (Be sure to make an appointment!) When we got there, Trish immediately introduced herself and we felt very welcomed. She asked how we should dress him first and I said, "Well I want to be all decked out, so whatever you have to dress him like is fine!" We laughed and she agreed and took me to get dressed first. She let me have options (which I mainly left up to her, the expert) and she put me in a GORGEOUS red and black lace dress, complete with my hair done (in about 30 seconds!) and jewelry. Oh, I loved it. She dressed my husband in a General's attire and before we knew it we were photographed and on our way!

Now a few tips. Have an idea of how you want to dress. They have so many options and are really willing to work with you, so have some vague idea of what you want. Make sure to make an appointment because they do book up pretty quickly. Girls, obviously don't have too trendy of makeup on, you want to look natural in your pictures. Arrive a couple of minutes early to get settled and plan on hanging around the area/city after your shoot for about an hour so you can pick up your pictures when they're done. DO NOT TAKE YOUR OWN PICTURES!! There are signs all over the place and as a courtesy, do not take your own pictures. It doesn't really matter what you wear to the place because they put your costume clothes over your street clothes--I had Nike's on under my dress!! Ladies, you will have to take your shirt off though in order to fit the dress properly. That's about it. It's a really fun time and I couldn't give this place any higher ratings. Del and Trish are so kind and a real joy to work with and talk to. This was by far the highlight of our trip. I can't wait to do it again sometime! Don't miss this!!!

Visited September 2011
1 Thank TrinityDiodore
Orangeville, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“great fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

this was a great exsperiance. we all had a great time and walked away with a fantastic photo. well worth the money and the owners were great. very helpful with planing the rest of our stay. they gave us great information and gave us a very informative history of the town and the battle. a super must go

Visited July 2011
1 Thank 1slayer1
Niles, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best of Gettysburg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

Do NOT pass this up! I suprised my boyfriend with a trip to Gettysburg for his birthday, and tried to keep the trip very "guy friendly". Going to the photo studio, however, was something I really wanted to do. Once I got him there, we were greeted very warmly by the owners and I think he ended up having more fun than I did...what guy doesn't want to dress up at least once like an army general, right? I felt like a Victorian princess, my dress was amazing, and it was just a blast. On the last day of our trip, we were going to go back and get a second round of pictures, but they were closed unfortunately. This is definately a great time and a great keepsake. Do not miss out on this!

Visited November 2011