“Great place to stay when visiting Gettysburg”

The Lightner Farmhouse
Ranked #8 of 23 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 November 2011

My husband and I stayed here on our way to a wedding in New York. We brought his parents with us and we all had a great time and stay. The breakfast was wonderful and the grounds are just beautiful! We got a late start and the owners called to give us information about checking in. The owners were terrific and a pleasure! We would highly recommend staying at this wonderful B&B!

Room Tip: When staying here I would recommend J's in the village. Great food!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed here to see fall foliage and experience the history of Gettysburg. We also experienced the October 2011 snow! This place is wonderful! The hosts are great. They think of everything. The breakfasts are good. It is perfect! I want to go back in the summer! You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Heidicrnp
Reviewed 27 October 2011

After a tiring road trip my husband and I were thrilled to find the Lightner Farmhouse in an easy-to-find, quiet, location. Each morning soft music, candles and superb home cooked breakfast (Blueberry pancakes to die for) awaited us. The owner's friendly knowledgeable advice regarding tours and restaurants (J's at the Village is best) made all the difference in our day. Add spacious, quiet rooms, comfortable beds and two adorable Pugs and we really think we found a home away from home at the Lightner Farmhouse.

Room Tip: The Oak Room had two windows with great light and great view of farm.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2011

My friends and I wanted to take a quick trip to Gettysburg, so I booked this B&B. It was such a warm inviting place ! The owners were beyond grascious to us, directing us through town when we got lost, and providing a map of where we wanted to go. Can't wait to go back, and the cottage in the back allows children, so I can take my daughter next time.

Room Tip: we had the attic room because it slept 4, loved it
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2011

My husband and I stayed here for two nights. We had the suite in the attic, which consists of two rooms. It was wonderful, so quite like we had the house to ourselves. The house is beautiful. The owners were so helpful with information on seeing the battlefield. We booked a battlefield guide for 3 hours on our second day before leaving home on their recommendation and can't imagine seeing the battlefield any other way!!! A BIG THANK YOU for helping to make our trip more than we could have hoped for.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple